Chapter 27 ~ Havi

Chapter 27 ― Havi 

“So…” Maca mumbled whilst she was preparing my coffee. I really liked her, she was a nice and sweet girl, and when she smiled, all her face lit up. “You know these boys that came yesterday, don’t you?” She asked and I knew she wanted to talk about that.

“Yeah, though I think everybody knows them,” I commented and she giggled.

“I know, but I mean really, really know them. Them. Because, um… The curly-haired one, Harry, asked me out and I’m not sure what I should tell him. I thought you could help me as you know them,” she explained to me and I remained in silence a couple of seconds.

Harry was, without a doubt, a great guy. He was a gentleman and so far from a lady’s man as the media liked to portray him. He was a flirt, yes, but never a player. So I didn’t fear for Maca to get hurt by him or that maybe he just wanted to play with her. That wasn’t my concern in that situation. I knew that Harry would never do such a thing. What worried me were the fans. I knew, by own experience now, how hard it was to date one of the boys and probably to date Harry was the hardest. If I told Maca to say yes to Harry, I was going to send her to something really hard to face. And she needed to know that.

“Only if you really want to. Dating Harry will be hard, believe me, really hard. Dating one of the boys is like when you need the family’s approval to feel like everything is fine. Well, in this case the family consist of millions of obsessive, jealous and possessive teenagers who won’t give you that approval easily. It’s not only saying yes to Harry, it’s more complex than that and you need to really think about it. He’s great, I can tell you that. He’s nice, he’s sweet, he’s funny, he’s a great friend and a gentleman who will treat you right. You need to figure out if he’s worth all what you will have to face if you decide to say yes,” I told her honestly. She needed to know because it was hard. It wasn’t just dating one of the guys. It was so much more than that.

“You’re dating one of them, right. Louis, am I right?” She asked me and I knew she had listened to my words very carefully. I nodded and she smiled. “Is he worth it?” She asked and it was the second time someone asked me that in the same day. Though the way she did it was completely different to the way Kevin did.

“He is,” I replied and I could hear my voice softening as my own heart started beating faster. “He is totally worth it,” I added with more conviction.

“Well, I guess I have a lot to think about, huh?” She told me with a sweet smile, her brown eyes had a cute sparkle that made her look adorable.

Maca handed me my coffee and I knew I had to go. I really liked her and I hoped she would make the right decision. “See you tomorrow, Maca,” I told her and she nodded without losing her smile.

“See you tomorrow,” she agreed and I turned on my heels to walk away from the cafeteria. If she decided to tell Harry yes, then the boy would have got a really good girl.

I walked to the parking lot where Joy was waiting for me to drive me home. Luckily, at that time of the day there were no more fans outside the station. Security had to threaten those girls with calling the police if they didn’t go and even though, it had been hard. Those girls were surely stubborn.

“Louis asks if everything’s okay,” was the first thing Joy told me when I got in the car.

“I can’t believe I forgot my charger. That’s the thing I hate about my iPhone: the battery runs faster than what it takes you to eat a biscuit.”