Chapter 21 ~ Havi

Chapter 21 ― Havi

I still thought it was a dream until I got to Louis’ flat and he received me in his arms, kissing my lips and looking at me in that way that made my heart melt. It hadn’t been another dream; it was real. His feelings, his confession… everything was real. Yet, it still was somehow difficult to believe it was happening. I had believed so strongly that nothing was going to happen between Louis and I, I had been killing my hopes mercilessly for so long that when I didn’t have to do that anymore, I felt weird. I wasn’t complaining, though. I most certainly loved to be with him, to be able to cuddle in with him, to kiss him if I wanted to, to hold his hand, to say everything I wanted without fear of rejection.

I felt free.

I didn’t care that we had to keep it as a secret, I didn’t care that he was going to lie in live television because I knew it was for the best. I only cared that he felt the same way I did. Plus, if we kept it as a secret, we could take it easy. I didn’t want to rush things because the media was on us, or because the fans were reacting to us. I wanted to enjoy this honeymoon stage that came with the beginning of any relationship and to do that, no one needed to know besides the people who were part of our lives.

Joy joined us when it was late and so did Niall and Harry. I liked to spend time with them without talking about the contest, just enjoying our spare time together. I felt like I could be myself with them. It didn’t matter that they were famous, that millions of girls wanted them and would do anything to get them to notice them. For me, they were my friends.

That afternoon with Louis had been perfect. I would have loved to stay like that, with his arms around my body, his chin on my shoulder, his face next to mine, his hands on my belly, forever; yet I knew I had a home and I had to leave. Joy was already waiting for me in the car after she said goodbye to everyone in the flat. Niall went to his place and Harry was in the kitchen. It was only Louis and I in the living room trying to say goodbye.

“Then I’ll see you on Wednesday,” he said with his hands on my waist, our bodies pressed together and his forehead against mine.

“Yup. We have to carry on with the contest, remember? We already have more calls than last week,” I told him offhandedly though just thinking about that stressed me out. It was a lot of work.

“I’d like to help you with that a bit, but we have many things for this week, too,” replied Louis softly brushing his nose against mine.

“Don’t worry, it’s my job. Plus, we’re selecting the most original ones; those that we have heard before go to the ‘oh, hell no’ list.” He chuckled and I could feel the vibration of his chest as we were so close.

“Are you gonna watch tomorrow’s interview?” He asked me, his lips almost touching mine, just tempting me.

“I’ll try. If I can’t, I’ll watch it on YouTube later.”

“God bless the internet.” I just laughed softly at his comment though I wasn’t exactly paying attention at his last words, the only thing I had in mind was that his lips were mere centimetres apart from mine yet I wasn’t kissing him.

I got tired and stood on my tiptoes crushing my lips into his, grabbing him by the neck so he couldn’t pull away. Not that he tried, though, on the contrary, he hugged me tighter and kissed me back.

Could someone get addicted to the other person’s kisses? If not, I was the first case. I just couldn’t get enough of the taste of his lips, the way they felt against mine, of how he held me like I was all he needed. In Louis’ arms I felt like the only girl in the world.