Chapte 68

With little to no drama going on around school, things are relatively quiet and time passes by with flying colors. It seems like just yesterday Sevyn and Monica started their junior year and now it's about to come to an end.

"I almost forgot what the sun looks like." Monica says gazing out the window in English class as the sun breaks through the clouds. "Why does winter feel so long?"

"Cuz it's dark and grey with horrible weather." Sevyn replies, glancing out the window too. "Look on the bright side, spring is right around the corner."

"True and you know what that means." Monica smirks with a twinkle in her eyes. "Prom shopping!"

"I almost forgot about prom." Sevyn admits. She's been so wrapped up in other things that she forgot all about the big dance at the end of the year. "I'm excited."

"Same. I haven't dressed up and gone out in a while. I calmed down my partying once it got cold out. I'm not trying to slip on ice in heels." Monica scoffs and Sevyn giggles.

"I'm assuming you're taking Kat?"

"Only if she asks." Monica says matter of factly

 "But...she's coming to our prom, shouldn't you ask her?"

  "I did ask her already and she said yes, then I told her I wanted a promposal."

Sevyn rolls her eyes but doesn't argue. "I want something really corny. Nothing extravagant though, a simple gesture like cupcakes with the word prom on them."

Monica raises her eyebrows, "Thats it? Girl, Kat better show up with balloons, a sign, flowers and a cake asking me to prom. I want it all honey." She flips her red hair over her shoulder haughtily.

Sevyn shakes her head, "You're so extra."

"It's a gift." She smirks, finger combing her hair. "Do you think I should dye my hair back to my original color for prom? I wanna switch it up."

Sevyn tilts her head to the side scrutinizing Monica's hair. She's had it dyed red since freshmen year and now she can barely remember what color it really is. She knows its either jet black or a really dark brown but she's not positive. "Do it over the summer, that way when we come back to school you a have a new look."

Monica considers this while stroking her hair. "Hmm, I like the thought of that." She says like she's imagining it. She looks at Sevyn closely. "Speaking of hair, yours is growing out a lot."

"I know, I haven't gotten a hair cut since August." Sevyn replies, touching her hair that now rests against her shoulders, rather than the bob she had before. "I still want to put some color in it."

"That'd be cute. Give Jackson a little something something to drool over." Monica remarks making Sevyn laugh.

Their teacher walks over and glances between the two girls who bite their lips to stop their laughter.

"I hope all the talking over here is about school work." She says, eyeing their work packets.

Monica gives her a fake smile, "Of course it is. The last thing we want is to have you as a teacher again." She says sweetly. Their teacher gives her a look and purses her lips before walking away.

Sevyn shakes her head, "You're so mean." She giggles.

"She irks my nerves." Monica replies shrugging her shoulders.

"When we go to college I hope your roommate has a lot if tolerance."

"But you already tolerate me." Monica tells her and Sevyn smirks. She's often thought about going to college with Monica and honestly she would love it. They've been joined at the hips for years now, and college life is when the best memories are made. There's no one else she'd rather make memories with, other than Jackson of course.

After school, Keenan goes to Aubrey's house. As he walks through the house upstairs to her room, he thinks about how nice it would be to have their own apartment. Her aunts house is nice and everything but he'd prefer to live under the same roof as Aubrey. Yeah he spends the night sometimes but other times he hates having to leave his baby girl and girlfriend behind.

Walking into Aubrey's room, he finds her laying on the bed with Nevy sleeping on her chest. She's reading a book and looks up to smile at him as he closes the door behind and puts his book bag on the floor.

"Hey," she says, pursing her lips as he walks over and kisses her. "How was school?"

"School was school. I got a B on my math test though." He responds, making a face. He reaches for Nevy but Aubrey pulls back.

"She just fell asleep. Don't wake her."

"I haven't seen my baby all day." He says, gently picking up her sleeping body anyway. He keeps the blanket snugly wrapped around her and cradles her in his arms. He kisses the stop of her head as she snoozes. There's never a time when he doesn't want to hold his baby girl, she's so small and smells good all the time. He loves having her in his arms.

"I gave her a bath earlier. She screamed at the top of her lungs. Her little face was red and everything." Aubrey says shaking her head.

Keenan rocks her back and forth. "Aww, mommy made my baby upset."

"Yeah right, I was doing her a favor. Little stink butt acts like she doesn't like water."

Keenan laughs and walks over to her crib, placing her gently inside. "What did you do all day?"

"The same thing I've been doing for weeks. Eat, napped, changed and fed Nevy. I need some fresh air." Aubrey puts her book to the side and tosses back the covers. She walks over to the mirror and looks at her reflection. Her hair is pulled back in the same pony tail she's been rocking for weeks and she's dressed in navy sweatpants with a dark green sweater. A nice hot shower is calling her name.

"Prom is coming up, we should go." Keenan tells her while sitting on the bed.

Aubrey looks at him through the mirror. "You can go, I'm not."

"Why not?"

"Because I've been out of school for months because of maternity leave. What do I look like suddenly coming back, no longer pregnant, just for prom?"

"Like a mother who has her priorities straight." Keenan says. "Just cuz you had a baby doesn't mean you don't deserve some fun. You've been holed up in this house since having Nevy. It's time to get a life again."

Aubrey raises an eyebrow, "I don't know. I wasn't the most liked person in school and I'm sure people will have tons to say."

Keenan lets out a dry laugh. "Who cares what they have to say? What happened to the Aubrey who came to MPH and announced her pregnancy the second week of school in the cafeteria? Where's the Aubrey who didn't give a fudge what people thought or said about her?"

Aubrey turns around and smiles at him. "She's still here, she just doesn't want to deal with the drama." Memories of people whispering around her as she walks through the halls and eyeing her as her stomach grew comes to mind. The last thing she wants to do is get all dressed up for a dance where she's not welcomed at.

"What drama? Sevyn already forgave you. Janine and Carson want to be your friends again, good friends at that. Everyone else is irrelevant to our lives." Keenan points out. "Come on Bre, you need this."

Taking her hair down from it's ponytail, Aubrey runs some fingers through her tangled hair. "I'll think about it and give you answer before prom. Ok?"

"As long as you're considering it." He says satisfied, folding his arms behind his head and laying back against her pillow.

She smiles a little. "I'm gonna take a much needed shower and wash my hair. If Nevy cries just give her the pacifier, she just ate and was changed."

"I know what to do for my baby girl." Keenan states."Daddy knows best." Aubrey simply rolls her eyes and walks off to the bathroom.  COMMENT AND VOTE!