Chapter 61

"I guess it's official then?"

Pausing in the middle of her chemistry work, Sevyn looks up at Jackson confused. She looks around to see if he's talking to someone but everyone around them is either sleeping, using their phones under the desk or actually doing work. Concluding that he's talking to her, she waits for him to elaborate.

"Corey lives with you now." Jackson finishes without looking at her. He's staring at his work book, tapping his pencil against the thick pages.

"Uh yeah...? His mom left yesterday and my mom took him in." She explains, positive she already told him this. "It's actually kinda cool having him around. But having three teenage boys in the house is going to take some getting used to." Sevyn chuckles but Jackson's face remains blank.

"I just didnt think your mom would actually go for it. You know, letting your friend of an opposite sex move in." His voice doesn't sound amused but he doesn't sound angry either. He sounds...bitter.

"He's been our friend for the longest, my mom wouldn't just turn him away." Sevyn replies, watching his expression. He simply bobs his eyebrows and shifts in his seat. Sevyn puts down her pencil and crosses her arms finally putting two and two together. "Oh no, not this again." she scowls.

"What?" Jackson finally looks at her out the corner of his eye.

She lowers her voice to a whisper and glares at him. "This jealousy thing! We talked about this Jackson, nothing is going to happen between Corey and I. We're just friends!"

"I know that Sevyn, you tell me all this time." He says exasperatedly.

"Well when are you gonna get it through your thick skull? This is getting really old." She replies, mocking his exasperated tone before looking straight ahead at the white board. She's not even mad with Jackson, just annoyed that this keeps coming up. She's made it perfectly lear that she's strictly friends with Corey yet Jackson keeps being timid about it.

After a moment of silence, Sevyn feels her chair being pulled closer to Jackson. She keeps her eyes trained straight ahead, burning holes into the board. Jackson leans closer to her and she inhales his cologne she loves. He wraps his arms around her waist and rests his head on her shoulder.

"Tell me that you're mine." He says softly, his breath tickling her neck. Sevyn rolls her eyes and remains silent. Jackson moves closer and plants a kiss against her collar bone, "Please tell me."

 Sevyn wants to push him off her and just go back to her work but she knows if they start giving eachother the cold shoulder it's going to eat away at her for the rest of the day, making her no fun to be around. With a sigh, she looks down at him. "Do you trust me?" She asks and Jackson crinkles his eyebrows, taken back by her question. "Because it doesn't seem like you do."

 "Yes I trust you." He confirms.

 "Then show it Jackson. You don't see me asking about every female you talk to, or hug, or jump down your throat when females flirt with you, because I know you're mine. But you always seem to doubt me." Her lips curls in disgust at the thought of Jackson not believing her. Especially with Corey of all people. She thought they moved past this a long time ago. Things have been great between them and now they've hit a wall.

 After lifting his head from her shoulder, Jackson rests his elbows on the desk and lets his shoulders slump. "I'm sorry Sevyn."

 "Sorry doesn't fix anything. Actions speak louder than words." She says roughly, giving him the side eye.

 "Alright, I won't bring it up again because I trust you. I just dont want anyone to take what's mine." He says then smirks. "Even though you're mad at me you're still mine right?"