Chapter 1

Snow falls lightly blanketing outside in a gleaming white sheet. Sevyn leans against the window and watches as it sprinkles across everything in its path. She's always enjoyed winter because everything looks so beautiful decorated in snow and its a time of holiday songs and Christmas decorations.

Today of all days Jackson decided to head to the gym before they go Christmas shopping for last minute presents. He dragged Sevyn along even though she prefers to be wrapped up in a blanket watching christmas specials on lifetime instead.

She leaves the window and weaves through clusters of work out equipment over to Jackson who's working on some machine for his torso and arms. She watches his muscles flex for a moment, enjoying the look of concentration on his face as he glistens in sweat. He's so focused on his work out that he barely notices Sevyn until she plucks his ear bud out.

"I thought you were going to watch the Zumba class," he says to her.

"I did, but there's only so much of old ladies twerking to reggae I can take." Sevyn replies and Jackson laughs. "I can't believe you made us come to the gym a day before Christmas Eve."

"I just wanted some work out time before I head to New York tomorrow." He replies.

Sevyn pouts, "I don't want you to go."

"I have no choice, as long as I live under my moms roof it's her rules." He shrugs. For Christmas break Jackson's family is heading to NYC to be with their family up there. It's only three hours away but Sevyn prefers to have him with her for Christmas.

"Too bad my parents aren't cool enough to let me go with you." Sevyn says. She thought about suggesting it to her parents but she already knows that it would lead to a speech about morals, virginity, responsibly and other things that she doesn't want to discuss. And the flat out answer would be no so there's no point trying.

Jackson finishes up on the machine and gently pinches her chin, "I'll be back after New Years sweetheart, you'll survive without me in your bed until then."

Sevyn's rolls her eyes and looks around to see if anyone heard him and got the wrong idea. Jackson chuckles and picks up his towel, wiping down his face and arms. "Let me go freshen up and stuff, I'll meet you up front."

"Hurry up, you know traffic is gonna be hell." Sevyn tells him as she turns to walk away.

"Whatever you want Mrs. Impatient," Jackson replies, smacking her butt with his towel. She refuses to give him the satisfaction of looking back and instead proceeds to leave the musty work out room.

She's only been standing in the lobby for five minutes when a familiar and annoying voice calls her name. She sighs and turns her head to come face to face with Raquan.

"What!?" She snaps.

"Dang I didn't even get to say hey yet. Chill," he says walking up to her. He looks her up and down. "Whatchu here for? You got the perfect body, don't loose them curves ma."

Sevyn's lip curls up in distaste, "What do you want Raquan? I'm here with Jackson who's dying to knock you out and I'll happily let him do it this time."

Raquan sucks his teeth, his brown eyes rolling like he finds her words humorous. "I'm surprised y'all have lasted so long. You must have that special good good, huh? He can't get enough."

"Not that it's any of your business but we haven't done anything more that kiss. He isnt a hormone crazed freak like you." She sneers at him.

He laughs, "Every boy is hormone crazed, some have better control over it. But lemme tell you, you lucky we not together cuz I woulda tore you up by now." His eyes glint as he gently grasps her hand. "No wonder why Keenan was so eager to get you in bed."