Chapter 41

Monica decided to sleep over Sevyn's house that night because her parents are going out to celebrate their anniversary and she already knows they're gonna come home all turned on and the last thing she wants to hear are her moms moans as she tries to sleep.

Sevyn walks into her bedroom carrying a bag of pretzels and some soda. "You know how we tell each other everything?" She asks.

"Yeah," Monica replies from where she's laying upside down on the bed, looking at her phone.

Sevyn climbs onto the bed and sits in the middle of it, "Well is there anything you haven't told me?"

"Like what?" Monica asks, patting the bed in search of the pretzel bag.

Sevyn pushes the bag closer to her hand and she digs inside searching for a good one. "Well...what happened with you and Ty?"

Monica slowly sits upright on the bed, her brown eyes boring into Sevyn's. She chews on her pretzel before swallowing and looking towards the door. In a flash, she jumps from the bed, runs over to the door and slams it shut before springing and diving back into the bed.

"How did you figure it out?" She whispers.

"Figure what out?" Sevyn asks with wide eyes. "All I know is that y'all have been giving each other weird looks here and there. I wanna be in the loop too."

Monica raises an eyebrow, "You promise not to tell?"

"Duh," Sevyn says flatly. They've kept each other secrets for years without spilling anything, even when they were mad at each other.

Monica looks around the room as if searching for spies before grabbing Sevyn's face and jerking her close, turning her head so that her lips are towards her ear. Monica leans in close. "We kissed."

"Omigod!" Sevyn shrieks at the top of her lungs and Monica burst out laughing, slapping a pillow over her face to hide.

"Don't hide now!" Sevyn says, grabbing the pillow to reveal Monica's red face. "When and why?"

Monica stares at the ceiling, "Remember the spring fling carnival? You went on the lame spinny ride with Malcolm and Shaun, and Corey was getting food. Ty and I only had one ticket left for rides so we went on the ferris wheel and I told him I've always wanted to kiss at the top of the Ferris wheel. So he waited until we got to the very top and he kissed me."

Sevyn feels like her mind has just exploded. "Why didnt you tell me!?" She exclaims.

"I don't know," Monica blushes. "I asked him why he kissed me and he said he wanted to see if he had the power to turn me straight. He probably did it because he's Ty and likes to go around kissing girls for no reason. It's not like we like each other but it was weird because...he's Ty! Plus he's your brother, I thought you would be mad."

"Mad? I'm not even mad because this is so weird but funny at the same time. You kissed my brother...ew." Sevyn screws up her face in disgust.

Monica laughs and shrugs, her face still bright red. "He's a good kisser to be honest."

Sevyn plugs her ears with her fingers, "Ew, I don't care."

Her door swings open and Ty walks in. "Can I borrow your charger, I just broke mine." He says then looks at a red faced Monica and his sister plugging her ears. "Um...what's going on?"

Sevyn glances at Monica then bursts out laughing. Monica throws a pillow at her head, making her fall over and laugh harder. Ty shakes his head, "Crack kills." He says, grabbing her charger out the wall and leaving. When the door clicks close Monica starts laughing too.