Chapter 52

"He peed on me!" Jackson exclaims loudly. He tagged along with Sevyn to babysit Alex today and was changing his diaper when something wet and warm splashed on his shirt. Sevyn laughs and walks into the living room to see Jackson holding a diaper securely over Alex's private to block the stream.

"I've been peed on plenty of times by kids, get over it." She hands him a fresh diaper and wipes. "You're the one that said you would change him."

Jackson frowns and checks to make sure Alex is done before wiping him down and fastening the fresh diaper on him. "Only cuz you were making him lunch." He buttons the onsie back up and looks to see Alex grinning like he knows what he just did and is proud of it. Jackson sits him up on the couch and he grabs his sippy cup, tossing it back with one hand. "What about my shirt?" He pulls at the wet spot in the middle of his grey tee.

"His mom should back in a little while. Then you can change," Sevyn says, reaching over and picking up Alex. She walks him into the kitchen and slips him into his highchair so he can eat lunch. She fastens his bib around his neck and he happily picks up his little spoon and starts poking at his bowl of ravioli, picking some up and squishing it in his hands before shoving it into his mouth. Sevyn gives him a blank look, "Really Alex?" He just giggles and continues to feed himself.

"Other than being peed on this job isnt so hard." Jackson comments, coming in and sitting in one of the chairs. "Easy money."

Sevyn scoffs and turns on the tv. "Yeah right, be lucky I don't have to watch Morgan and Ethan today. Those two are hardheaded handfuls."

"Why, what did they do?" Jackson wonders.

"They're adorable but they're really defiant. Morgan is the oldest and Ethan does everything she says, plus he doesn't talk."

"Why?"

Sevyn shrugs, "I dont know. Apparently he can talk he just chooses not to. But Morgan is a busy body, she gets into any and everything. She threw little bouncy balls at Corey and I for an hour straight." She laughs at the memory. "I think she has a crush on Corey, she didnt like me sitting next to him."

"She's learning early." Jackson chuckles. He folds his arms behind his head and tips back in his chair.

Sevyn looks over at Alex who's licking the sauce off fingers. His mouth is covered with tomato sauce and he has pieces of ravioli squished between his fingers and under his chin. She imagines if this were her child. She can see it now. He'd be sitting in his high chair eating a bowl of macaroni and cut up chicken that she made with his sippy cup full of iced tea. He would have thick hair twisted into tiny braids until he gets his first hair cut and he would have her eyes. His father, she glances over at Jackson, would come home after a basketball game still wearing his uniform. He would walk in and kiss her gently before scooping his son out his high chair. Sevyn would give him an annoyed look because he was supposed to be finishing up his dinner and all Jackson did was get him worked up again. Jackson would ignore her stare and hold their son closer to him, then quickly pull him away from his body. There would be a wet spot on his jersey and he would shake his head, telling their son he has a soggy butt while Sevyn would just say he left a gift on his shirt.

Realizing that she's day dreaming, Sevyn snaps out of it and laughs out loud. Jackson looks at her like she's crazy, "Are you ok nutcase?"

Sevyn giggles, "Just thinking."

Knowing she isn't going to say anything more, Jackson shrugs his shoulders. "So I've been doing some research."

"On what?"

"Post traumatic stress disorder."

Her smile falters a bit and a sheepish look crosses her face, "Why?"