Chapter 32

On Friday, Sevyn decides its time to finally take her dad up on his offer and visit him at his knew house. She tried to convince Ty and Malcolm to go with her but Ty refused and Malcolm said he was busy. Saturday morning, on his way to wherever he was going, Malcolm dropped Sevyn off at her dads new homes.

Sevyn stares up at the house located in the heart of the suburbs. Two cars sit in the long driveway, a white Mercedes and her dads black Audi. The house sits perfectly in the middle of the neighborhood, dark green can be spotted through the layer of snow on the bushes as Sevyn walks up the curving sidewalk to the door. She stops and rings the bell.

The door swings open to reveal her dad looking comfortable in blue sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt. "Hey, I'm glad you finally came over!" He exclaims happily.

Sevyn smiles a little, "Yeah, your house is nice."

"Well it's Alandra's house," he says. "Come in," he steps to the side and Sevyn steps up into the house. He closes the door and instant warmth takes over her. She finds herself standing in a living room with creme carpet, red walls, a plush couch and a fireplace. There are marshmallows and chocolate on a platter on the glass table. Sevyn is amazed at the luxury of this place. "So where are your brothers?"

Sevyn turns and looks at her dad. "Um they were busy and couldn't make it."

"Right?" Her dad nods but she can tell he's doubtful. "Anyway take off your coat and shoes and I'll show you around."

Sevyn unbuttons then slips off her coat and steps out of her boots, leaving them by the door. The carpet is thick and soft against her sock covered feet as she follows her dad to the kitchen. It's marble accented with dark wood cabinets, a black stove, fridge and microwave. There's an island in the middle of the room with a little wall connected to it reminding Sevyn of a drive through window. Everything is so organized and neat compared to her own kitchen.

"This is nice," She says.

"Thanks, we might paint the walls yellow soon just to make it more cheerful and not something straight out of HGTV." Her dad says. Sevyn smiles as they leave the kitchen and head upstairs. Along the walls are pictures of who she assumes are Alandra's family. She stops and stares at one picture for a moment. It shows what looks to be a younger Alandra wearing a wedding dress, standing next to a man in a tux. They're holding hands and he's kissing her cheek as she smiles at the camera.

"She's been married a few times." Her dads voice interrupts her thinking.

Sevyn crinkles her eyebrows, "Oh...wow." She fights the urge to twist up her face. What kind of guy wants to be with a woman who's gotten married a few times? Obviously there's something wrong if she can't keep a man. And how many times is a few times exactly?

Her dad leads her to the bathroom upstairs that's five times bigger than her own complete with two sinks, a big glass shower and the most decorated toilet she's ever seen. She bobs her eyebrows, must be nice to have money like that. The last rooms she sees are the master bedroom, the guest bedrooms and Alandra's daughter's room.

"I'm assuming that once you two get close enough you'll be able to sleep in her room when you stay the night. It's better than sharing a room with your brothers." Her dad tells her as her eyes rake over the room that's painted a dark purple with various posters of celebrities on the walls. Sevyn makes a face, the last thing she wants to do is share a room and a bed with Alandra's daughter. She knows she shouldn't judge since she hasn't met the girl yet but having little sleepovers at her dads new house doesn't sound appealing.

"How old is she exactly?" Sevyn asks, glancing at the gleaming white Mac computer in the corner of the room. There's a wall decorated with personal pictures but she decides not to be rude and look at them.