Chapter 26

Ty spends his Sunday morning occupying his self until its time to meet their father at Ruby Tuesday. He cleans up his room, finishes some homework, plays some video games and watches Family Guy. Anything to get his mind off his father until they have to come face to face.

"Just don't pop off on him alright?" Talia tells him over the phone. "Y'all don't need anymore conflict going on."

"No promises. If he says one wrong thing he's gettin put in his place, I don't care if we're in public." Ty responds changing into a grey shirt.

"I'm starting to think you have an anger management problems."

Ty chuckles, "No I don't."

"Whatever. Just promise you'll think before you do anything. Think about how Malcolm and Sevyn will be affected." Talia warns him. "I heard what you did to Shaun and you obviously didnt think before you punched him in the face."

"He called you a bitch," Ty argues.

"He was speaking out of anger," she counters. "You tend to act and speak without thinking of the after effects."

Ty rolls his eyes. He hates when people lecture him, he hates it even more when they're right. "Alright I get it. I'll try to keep calm."

"Good. And to make sure you do, I'm gonna ask Sevyn how it went. And if I like her answer, then you get a gift."

"A gift?"

"Mhm," Talia says and Ty can practically see the smirk on her face.

"What kinda gift?" Ty asks rubbing the back of his neck and pacing around his room.

Talia giggles, "You'll see later,"

"But---"

"Ty," Malcolm says walking into his room. "Lets go, were ready."

"Fine," He groans then goes back to Talia. "I'll call you later and let you know how it goes."

"Good luck!"

Ty ends the call and stuff his phone in his pocket. He follows Malcolm down the stairs to the living where their mother is sitting on the couch. Sevyn is standing by the door leaning against the wall.

"Have fun," Their mom says dryly.

Sevyn lets out a humorless chuckle as they walk out the door. Ty can't wait to get this over with.

Walking into Ruby Tuesday a bubble of anxiety grows in Ty's chest. He has no idea how this is going to go and wishes Talia was here just to comfort him. But he keeps his calm facade on to avoid being questioned by Sevyn and Malcolm. They already know he doesn't want to be here, no need to make things bigger than they are.

"There he is," Malcolm says nodding his head towards the back near the window. They head in his direction until they reach the booth. Their father looks up at them and smiles, "I'm glad you all came." He says.

Ty almost slips up and says something smart but he bites his tongue and slides into the seat next to Sevyn, leaving Malcolm to sit next to their dad. A waitress appears at their table. "Hi, I'm Alexus and I'll be your waitress for the day. Can I start you off with drinks?" She practically chirps, her bright smile giving off a air of excessive bubbliness. The four of them place their drinks orders and Alexus scribbles them down. "Alright I'll be right back with your drinks."

Once she's gone, their father starts talking. "I was surprised when your mother told me you all agreed to meet me here." He says happily, looking over each of his children's faces but none of them even offer a smile. He clears his throat, "I uh, I was hoping we could clear the air."