Chapter 24

"How was the game?" Christine asks as Malcolm and Ty walk in carrying their gym bags. Her and Sevyn are sitting on the couch watching a lifetime movie and eating Doritos.

"We could have won if this idiot would have passed Shaun the ball before the buzzer." Malcolm says pushing Ty out his way. "But no, he decides to throw the ball to Adam. No one passes the ball to Adam of all people with three second left in the game! He sucks at three pointers."

"Shut up Malcolm." Ty says giving him an agitated look.

"Don't be mad at me cuz you played a sorry ass game." Malcolm retorts.

"Language," Their mother warns. Ty gives Malcolm an annoyed look before walking out the living room and going upstairs. Malcolm lets out a heavy breath and drops down in the arm chair, kicking off his shoes and taking off his jacket as he does so.

"Whats with him? Was the game really that bad?" Sevyn asks.

Malcolm sucks his teeth, "He's just mad cuz him and Shaun got into a stupid fight."

"As always," Sevyn says.

"No I mean a real one, not just a little argument. Ty actually punched Shaun in the face and blood was flowing from his nose like a river." Malcolm tells them.

Their mother's eyes widen. "What? Why?"

"Shaun's hurt that Ty is spending more time with Talia or whatever. They both acted immature and need to just suck it up and move on." Malcolm digs his hand into the bowl of Doritoes and grabs a handful, looking over at the movie on tv.

Christine sighs and rubs her temples. If its not a problem with Sevyn it's a problem with Ty. There is no balance in their household. Of course she wouldn't trade her family for anyone else but sometimes she wishes for some peace once in a while. "Well it is Friday," she says. Her kids barely even acknowledge her they're so into the movie about a kidnapper. "And that means you have to tell me whether you want to meet with your father or not."

Sevyn looks at her mom who's eyes are settled on her. Sevyn is the deal breaker here. With Malcolm on one side and Ty on the other it's ultimately her decision whether she wants to talk to her dad or not. She knows that if she doesn't talk to her dad now, then she'll never be able to move on and she's more than ready to let this burden go. "Fine...I'll talk to him." She finally says. Malcolm nods his head and her mom gives her a smile, meaning she made the right decision.

"I'll tell your father." Their mother says pulling out her phone. Sevyn turns back to the movie. She wonders how Ty's gonna react when he finds out they're going to meet up with their dad soon and have a heart to heart.

Upstairs Ty sits on the edge of his bed with conflicted feelings. He feels bad for punching Shaun like that but he did have a good reason. Shaun had no business calling Talia out of her name and saying that's Ty wrapped around her finger. That's complete bull. He may have a girlfriend but that doesn't mean he comes running when she calls.

He sighs and unlocks his phone, starting to dial Talia's number but then he stops his self thinking about what Shaun said. Is it true? Does Talia have him so whipped that he's pushing away his friends? He promised his self a long time ago that he would never let a female have the upper hand unless its his mother, grandmother or aunts.

But is it so bad to let a girl be in control sometimes? He kinda likes how Talia doesn't put up with his games and does things her way. He doesn't see anything wrong with their relationship either, as far as he sees it they're getting along just fine. There's no fight for dominance between them, they have their own minds and ideas and they work well together despite any differences. Why can't Shaun see its not so bad to treat a girl like a queen rather than a one night stand?