Chapter 19

The hallway is pitch black. So black she has to blink a few times to make sure her eyes are open. The only reason she knows shes in a hallway is because she extended her arms and felt the narrow space shes standing in is closed in by two walls and there's nothing in front of her but the floor. She raises her hand in front of her face and can't even see that.

"Hello?"

Sevyn's voices echoes around her before fading away. She shivers and looks around but nothing but black surrounds her. Sevyn squints and looks straight ahead. Something shiny catches her eye and she blinks a few times to make sure she didn't imagine it. Sure enough something down the hallway is glinting in the random light reflecting on it. Taking cautious steps, Sevyn starts towards the shining object with her hands out in front of her. She walks slowly just in case there's something on the floor to trip over. The ground she realizes is freezing cold, making goosebumps rise across her skin.

The hallway seems to stretch on forever and after a while she almost gives up and sits in the floor for a break. But she knows if she stops now she won't start again until at least ten minutes later and who knows what could happen in that short amount of time. She sighs and continues walking feeling like she'll never make it to the end.

When she finally reaches the end, a weird glow is surrounding the object. She realizes its a mirror, one of those old fashioned oval ones with its own stand. The weird glow doesn't creep her out though. Neither does the fact that she can only see the mirror and nothing else. The thing that really scares her is the fact that she can't see her own reflection. She can see the black hallway behind her but she can't see herself, almost like the mirror is looking through her.

Sevyn reaches out and touched the smooth surface of the glass and suddenly a person appears in it. She jumps backwards, her heart skipping a beat in her chest. The person turns out to be an old lady with short gray hair, big brown eyes and a hunched over body. She has deep age lines and her body is shaking as she stares at Sevyn.

"LET ME OUT!" The woman screams at the top of her lungs, banging her fist on the glass like its a window and not a mirror. Sevyn takes a step backwards as the woman screams over and over, pounding her fists on the glass with spit flying out her mouth. Shaken up and confused, Sevyn backs up preparing to run when she knocks into something cold and hard. She spins around to face another mirror, similar to the first, except this time a lady is standing in the mirror watching her every move.

"Help me," the lady says in a soft voice. Sevyn looks around confused, then looks at the lady again. She too has short hair and big brown eyes,except she looks to be at least in her mid twenties. She wrings her hands and bugs out her eyes, leaning forward a little. "HELP ME!" She screams loudly making Sevyn jump yet again. Between her screaming and the old lady still yelling, Sevyn's ears start ringing as it feels like their in her head shouting at her.

A slight tug on her shirt makes Sevyn turn around and for a moment she thinks she's looking into another mirror at her own reflection until she realizes that her clone is crying and sniffling. Sevyn takes a step back but her clone quickly reaches out and grabs her wrist, sending her heart racing at full speed. "Let me go!" She shouts, trying to tug her arm free. But the second her has a steel grip on her wrist. The clone looks downwards at her chest and Sevyn follows her gaze to see blood seeping through her shirt. The clone puts a hand on her chest while still holding Sevyn's wrist.

Sevyn puts a hand on her own chest to make sure she's not bleeding also, just to find a sticky wet spot on her chest. She doesn't have to look down and confirm its blood, the metallically smell of it assures her she's right. Sevyn lifts her leg and drives her foot into her clones stomach while pulling her arm back. The tight grip on her wrist weakens and her wrist slips free as the clone falls backwards on her back.