Runnin' (Tommy Joe Ratcliffe)

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=68484675 -----> Cassie's evening outift.

I dunno why I was bothering with the whole piercing thing. I was on like number seven. Or maybe eight.... And the first one wasn't really needed. Nowadays I would just breathe the same air as Mum and she'd cry rebellion. Well, I was here now.

"What you want doing?"
"Snake bites. (AN: Dude I want these...)"

As I walked out I kept flicking my lip, feeling the weight of the new piercing. Dunno how long I'm gonna keep these. Well, sod 'em. Mum can rip them out if she wishes. I've still got 'em done. And she can't do much anymore. I'm nearly all grown up. I caught the bus back home, stopping at the sweet shop to buy some Twizzlers and Dr Pepper. I got home, opened the door and ran straight up to my room. I could smell cooking downstairs but as I shut my food the smell died away. I opened the Twizzlers as I turned on the TV. There was some report about Adam Lambert's outside gig at the Arndale tomorrow and police shutting off streets. I changed the channel to 4Music and opened my laptop. I was planning how to get to the Arndale in time but it sounded like I was gonna have to go out tonight.

"Cassie! Get down here!"

Well, this was gonna be fun(!)

"Coming!"

I walked down the stairs as slowly as I could to see Mrs Jelton, my old maths teacher, sat on the sofa. Well, this was getting worse. My little brother, Spencer, looked totally uncomfortable so I hoped it was to do with him. I pushed the door open fully and walked in. Everyone was staring at me and my mouth.

"Errrrmmm..... Hi."
"Hello, Cassie."
"Hi, Miss."
"Cassie, come help me in the other room."
"Coming......."

I walked into the kitchen to see steam literally shooting out of Mum's ears.

"What are those, those things?"
"Piercings."

She looked ready to scream but composed herself as she didn't wanna embarrass herself in front of the rat bag in the front room.

"Set up the dining room for five."

I did as I was told and got out of the room as soon as I could. I was gonna need to eat, pack my bag and then run and catch a bus.

"Mum, tables set."
"Alright. Richard, food!"
"One moment!"
“Oh, don’t rush around on account of me.”

Well, dear evil Jelton, I am yet to rush around on account of myself, never mind you. Dad came downstairs and just glanced at me, causing him to double take as he hadn’t had time to take in the stupid thing I’d don’t to my face. He looked as though he was looking at the victim of leprosy.

“Yes, Dad. I’ve figured you hate them.”
“No. Actually, I think I quite like them.
“Richard, shush. Well, Helen, come with me and you can have the best seat at the table.”

Mum led Jelton into the dining room and Spencer relaxed a little.

“Why’s she here?”
“You kept failing maths. They made friends. So, it’s your fault.”
“Shut up, Spence. Dad, you coming?”
“Yeah, sure.”

When we’d finally got through a very awkward dinner, in which the only way Spencer and I survived was because we were play fighting under the table and I won, I ran straight upstairs. I need to pack for the camp out.

“Cassie.”
“Yeah, Mum?”
“What is on your face?”
“Piercings.”
“And why are they there?”
“Cause I didn’t pay for them to be on my butt.”

I kept focusing on my laptop, trying to block out my mother’s red face.

“You’re not going to that gig tomorrow.”
“What?!”
“You don’t deserve it. You act like this and expect everything?”