Sincerely ch.17

"W-what do you mean 'I'm setting you free? " I asked him.

"I mean exactly what i said, You're not my slave anymore" He said quietly.

I looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you serious? Your not messing with me are you?" I asked in disbelief.

"No" he answered seriously.

"Well damn" I said.

I'm free, no more cleaning up after him, carrying his stuff around, or doing his homework, and no more being yelled at by him.

Most importantly, no more being involved in this demon shit!

I could actually feel a smile tugging at the sides of my mouth.

I felt like screaming in happiness.

Before i knew it I was actually giggling to myself.

Skole was looking down at me, question written on his face.

"Sorry, just can't believe that this is what it took for me to get ride f you" I laughed.

He frowned at me.

The tears came out again and my laughter turned into sobs.

Skole carried me back to the apartments, he offered to take me too my room but I declined.

That night I climbed into to bed too tired to think about anything, I didn't dream that night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm depressed.

It's been two days since i was set free from Skole, but its also been two days since i was attacked.

I now have a deep scar on my neck, a constant reminder of what almost happened.

It's been a while since I've seen kyle. We haven't talked at all since the argument but i feel that I should contact him. Every time I think about calling him, i just don't feel like it.

"Hey! Why are you spacing out?"Tabby snapped her fingers in my face.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about something" I snapped out of my trance.

"You've been acting weird lately,are you OK?" she asked.

"Yeah just been thinkin about alot of stuff" I said.

"Well you better pay attention or Mr. Gray will give you detention" She said.

'Yeah" I laughed.

We headed down to the lunchroom after the bell rang.

"So what are you doing after school?" She asked. We took a seat at our table with our lunch.

"Goin to see my Mom" I told her.

"Really? how long has it been since you last saw her?" She asked.

"About a month. Hope she's not dead" I said

After school I rode my bike down the familiar road to my old house. I parked my bike in the front yard and headed up the steps to the door.

I pulled out my old key and unlocked the door. Inside it smelled like pine needles and smoke. I heard the T.V. blaring upstairs, so I headed up there.

Mom was sitting on her bed, smoking while watching T.V.  She didn't even glance at me as i walked in. All she said was, "What d'you want?" she asked?

I didn't have any wity banter for her, no today.

"Not much, just needed to be somewhere other than my apartment or the shop" I said.

She looked at me, "What's the matter with you?"

"I'm actually depressed right now" I sat down on the end of her bed.

"Well don't come bitching to me, we all have problems in life and we each have to deal with them" She said harshly.

Suddenly I realized that that was the reason I came here. I wanted someone to snap me out of my funk and i knew my mother would.

"Thanks, for once you actually said something worth while" I shot back at her.

She finally looked at me and grinned.

"Get the hell out of my house" she said.

"Yes sir" I said.

I got up off her bed and was headed out, "Hey wait a minute!"

"What?" i turned back around.

"Here" she tossed an open envelope at me.

I looked at her quickly, and opened it.

There was a letter inside from Shawn (my brother).

I read the letter carefully, he wrote that he was coming back down here for work and wanted to see us, well actually me.

"Is this letter for real?" I asked her.

She nodded, then an evil grin appeared on his face. "Can't wait to see that little bastard"

She's gonna kill him.

After Shawn left Mom was super pissed, she took it out on us, and she swore if he ever came back she'd kill him.

Stupid bastard.

I have to admit it would be nice to see my brother again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally decided 2 have one of her brothers appear.