Sincerely ch.1

Sincerely

My name is Aurora Luca Warner, I'm 16 years old, and I live in LA, California. My nick name is Rori, since Aurora sounds to much like a princess. My life isn't all that fabulous; I live in a run down apartment by myself. My mom was a drug addict and alcoholic, and my dad ran out on her when I was like 3. I moved out of my moms when I turned 13, I got a job working part time at a mechanics shop a friend of mine owns. My best friend in the world and my boss is Kyle Stanton. Me and him grew up together, when my mom would have one of her fits he'd let me hide out at his house and we ended up becoming best friends. He's 19 years old and runs the shop that his dad owns. I'll describe what we both look like, I have long black hair, tan skin color, hazel colored eye's , and I'm about 5'4ft. Kyle's tall about 6'0ft, dark tanned skin, light brown eye's, light brown hair (short). My moms 42 years old, works at a popular café as a cashier, I'm surprised she hasn't gotten fired, considering she smokes and drinks all the time. Kyles pretty popular, I guess you could say he's attractive; he does have a lot of muscles. I go to John Marshall Senior High school; it's an alright school especially considering the crime rate in LA. Well I'll get on with the story.

Me

Interests: Mechanics

Race: Mixed

Fave Food: Curry

Blood type:0-

Born: May 28th

My Mom

Interests: Smoking & Drinking

Race: White

Blood type: AB-

Fave Food: Pizza

Born: August 18th

Kyle

Interests: Mechanics

Race: Mixed

Fave Food: Ramen

Blood type: 0-

Born: May 28th

Tabitha

Interests: Shopping, talking with friends

Race: White

Fave Food: Italian

Blood type: A+

Born: December 21st

Beginning

"Hey Rori, wake up. Damnit wake up!" Kyle shouted. "Shut-up i-I'm getting up" I said. He had to wake me up; I was having a really good dream. "Damn I was having a good dream, I was surrounded by mountains of food" I said annoyed. "Y'know you're not supposed to sleep on the job, do it again and I'll fire your ass" he said. "I doubt you would!" I said getting up off the floor. "Why are you so tired anyway?" he said while polishing the tools.

"My neighbors were up all night partying, plus I had to study for a test we have at school tomorrow." I told him. "Why don't you just drop out?" He asked. I walked over to the fridge, "I can't, I actually want to be successful in the future. Why?" I took out a coke. "Cause you skip all the time, I mean you only went to school like 13 times this month" he said. "Yeah cause I was busy working. My school would rather have me skip than drop out all together, so they let me take off anytime because of work or sickness" I said.

"Well still, you know that if you dropped out I'd take care of you." he said

. "Like I'd want you too. I don't want to end up some lonely drunk like my mom" I said angrily. "... Speaking of, how is she?" he asked.

 "I don't know" I shrugged "I haven't talked to her for 2 weeks". "You should check up on her, remember last time when you found her passed out on the couch, covered in her own throw-up" he said. "Ugh~ don't remind me, just thinking about the smell makes me sick" I frowned. Kyle laughed.

"But yeah I guess your right, I'll go check on her after I'm done here." I said while packing up. "You can go ahead, there's no one here anyway. Be careful okay." "Yeah-yeah, see-ya" I waved. I ran out the shop and hoped on my bike. I raced down my street until I saw my old house. I hoped off my bike and dumped it into the front yard. I grabbed the key from under the potted plant and unlocked the door.

The smell of booze and cigarette's hit me as soon as I opened the door. "Oh god, that smells horrible" I said, walking through the house. I had to cover my nose the further in I went. The living room was a mess, beer bottles lying everywhere, dirty clothes, and dried throw-up on the ground.

I walked into the kitchen, which still looked the same from when I lived there. It was covered in green wallpaper, some parts of the wall were ruined from when mom threw bottles against the wall, an old fridge and stove, and a little sink filled with dirty dishes. I walked past the kitchen upstairs where the smell got stronger. I peeked into the bathroom to see if she was passed out in the bathtub (that happened before) she wasn't.

 I walked past my old room; some of my old stuff was still in there. My old room was all blue, with a single bed, a book shelf, a closet, a big dresser, and small window. I walked past my older brother's room.

 I have 2 older brothers, Shawn and Cameron, my oldest brother Shawn moved out when I was about 8. He went off to some college up north and we haven't heard from him since. My other brother Cameron ran away when I was about 12, he went to New York City to become famous. He does write sometimes but usually their brief letters just saying how he's doing. Both my brothers were abused by mom since they were little, so they couldn't wait to get the hell outa here, but I felt to sorry for mom to leave her all alone.

 I walked into mom's room, there were so many empty bottles and cans on the floor, I could barely make it over to the bed. Mom was passed out on the bed, a lit cigarette in one hand and bottle in the other.

 "Good lord, every time I come here she's like this." I mumbled.

 I grabbed the cigarette and threw the bottle in the trash. "Hey mom, wake up! MOM!" I yelled. She twitched.

I hauled her up and dragged her of the bed. "Damn you got heavier" I pulled her into the bathroom and sat her in the tub. I turned on the shower onto cold. "AAAHHH~ what the fuck!" she screamed.

"Hey, the mother of the year finally woke up." I said sarcastically.

 "Oh it's just you Aurora, why aren't you in school?" she asked. "Like you actually care" I snorted.

She hauled herself out the tub, and stumbled into the hall. "Wait a minute, you have a hangover, and I'll get you some aspirin" I said running down stairs to the kitchen. "I don't need it, I - I'm fwine" she mumbled.

I got her a cup of water and 2 aspirins. "Here drink this old lady" I handed it to her. "Yeah whatever" she said. I got her cleaned up, and fixed up the house a bit. "So what the hell are you doing here?" she asked. She lit her cigarette.

"You know I come over to visit every few weeks." I said.

 "If you're gonna come over all the time, then what was the point of moving out?" she asked. "I couldn't stand being around an old bitter, drunk, drug addict." I said.

"Shut up, I'm glad your out of here anyway." She said taking a puff of her cigarette. "Not as happy as I am to be out of this dump" I grinned.

 When my mom's sober she's pretty normal, after dad left her she had to raise 3 kids on her own while working at a full-time job. It's no wonder she's all messed up.

 "When's the last time you went into work?" I asked. "About 2 days ago, I called in and told them I wasn't feeling well and I got 3 days of" she got up and grabbed a beer.

 "So you decided to get drunk and high for those 3 days," I said angrily.

"Look instead of worrying about me shouldn't you worry about yourself, what about your job and your school" she said in a bored voice.

"Everything's fine, I'm doing well in school and Kyle pays me good for the work I do at the shop" I told her.

 "Well that's great, now get the hell outa here, I wanna enjoy my last day of vacation." She got up and walked upstairs.

"Whatever I'll see ya whenever I come back next old lady" I left after that. Damn old lady, she's gonna kill her self one day.