Sincerely Ch. 24

The Lights were dim in the room, but I could see.

Opera music played eerily in the background as people in Victorian style clothing and masks  danced around the room.

I looked down at my blue jeans and and gray shirt, I look so drab compared to these rich people.

"Were here" James said.

Yeah obviously!

They pushed past the People dancing and led me to a stage, set up in the back of the room. There was a door next to the stage, and James pulled me in there.

James let go off me and turned to face the idiot.

"Hey idiot! Keep watch over her for a minute while i go get someone to dress her up" He said grufly.

"A'ight James" He said.

Great.... he had to stick with me with idiot. This guy is dumber than a sack of peanuts.......................... ! Idea !!!

I can easily outsmart this guy, just gotta fake an illness.

"Ouch! My stomach hurts! It hurts!" I screamed in pain clenching my stomach.

He jumped when he heard me scream, "W-w-what's wrong wit you?" he looked frightened.

"My stomach hurts! Go get James! I need help, I need help!" I screamed and sank to the floor.

"Ok ok ok, i'm goin!" He released his grip on my hand and ran after James.

"Sucker" I smiled widely.

I quickly opened the door and ran through the ball room. That creepy opera music wasn't playing anymore but the people were still dancing.

I ran throught the purple marble hallway toward the front door.I burst out the house, and looked around the clearing.

"Where do i go???" I breathed

"Hey! You Bitch! I'm gonna get you!" I heard James yelling.

I darted off the side of the porch and into the forest. Tree branches and bushes cut my face and legs but i kept running. The only thought going through my head was 'Run, keep running and don't stop!'.

I could here them tromping after me and i sped up, then I heard the most frightening sound ever, a gunshot.

The bullet hit the tree right in front of me and i screamed.

"Shit!" I screamed.

I heard more gunshots and kept running. I kept running for what felt like years, until I couldn't run anymore.

Damn body! I shouldn't have cut gym so much!

I could feel my body slowing down and getting heavier. I can't run anymore! Tears streamed down my face.

I did the only thing I could think of doing, I dived into a bush that was nearby and layed there trying not to breathe hard.

'Please don't find me! Please don't find me! Please don't find me!' I begged inside my mind.

I heard another gunshot and my heart pounded inside my chest. Oh god i'm gonna die!

"W'er did she go James?" The idiot asked looking around.

I held my breath, and closed my eyes tightly.

"We wouldn't have to find her if you hadn't let her escape!" He shouted.

"I'm sorie, s-she tricked me!" He stammered.

"Shut up! You go look over there, and i'll go this way!" I heard them go in separate directions.

I started breathing slowly and quietly through my nose, not daring to open my mouth.

It was a long time before i opened my eyes again. I tried rolling over on my back, but I could feel the all the muscles i pulled while running when I tried to turn.

My legs hurt the worst, I had more than one charlie-horse in each leg, and the fatigue made my body feel like it weighed 1,000 pounds.

"I... have to......move! They'll.... find me.....if....I don't!" I said out loud.

I put my hands out in front of me like I was about to do some push-ups and used every bit of my strength to push my body up. I quickly brought my knees up so that I wouldn't collapse back onto the ground.

I leaned against a tree to catch my breath.

Damn that took so much out of me! I sat there breathing for another minute then finally pulled myself up using a branch that was lying next to me.

My legs felt like jello, and they hurt really bad.

I hobled along quietly, and slowly for hours. The forest seemed to get thicker the farther I walked, and Mountains appeared around the forest. It must have been hours because i noticed the sky was turning orange and purple.

"I can't be stuck out here after dark, not the way I am now. I don't even know if i'm going north, south , east or west" I sighed.

I hobled over to the biggest tree and sank down against it.

What am I gonna do now?

I looked down at my clothes, my jeans were torn to shreds and covered in dirt, leaves and stickers. My shirt was torn too, i noticed i had dried blood on my right arm. I must have cut it while running and didn't notice. If my clothes look this bad my hair must be a mess, i put my hand to my head.

I laughed to myself, just like a girl to worry about her looks while lost in the middle of nowhere.

I looked up at the sky, the sun had finally set, and the moon was peeking out from behind some clouds. I shouldn't move around in the dark, besides i'm too tired to.

I rested my head against the tree, and let sleep overcome me. The last thing I saw was the stars shining brightly in the sky, and the sound of wind rustling the trees and there branches, but I didn't feel it...