Sincerely ch.20

It's winter vacation and me and Zach are headed to Sacramento now. Zach sped down the highway with only the beach next to us.

It takes 5 hours to get to Sacremento from La. (I know thats a long time

"I'm glad that you decided to stay with me during your vacation" He said.

"Yeah. I needed to get away from LA or else I was gonna lose it" I laughed.

He glanced at me then focused his eye's back on the rode. "You and Mom still haven't talked to each other yet I see. Guess you two are still fighting".

"Of course we are. She threw a fuc- freaking" I corrected myself, "bottle at my face! I hate her, she can go die for all I care" I growled.

I heard Zach chuckle.

I looked at him and his eyes were still focused on the road, but he had a smile painted on his lips.

"What's so funny" I demanded.

"You sound like an angry child who's been punished my her Mom, and now your throwing a tantrum" He laughed out loud.

I glared at him,"I'm not throwing a tantrum" I grumbled.

He laughed and I sunk down in my seat.

"Trust me, real hatred doesn't sound like that" the smile disappeared from his face.

I looked at him,"You really hate Mom that much?"

He sighed, looked at me and smiled. "I try not to, cuz I know how hard she had it. But the way she treated the three of us, I can't forgive her. All I feel for her is hatred". His voice was so cold it gave me goose-bumps.

I looked at my brother, I mean I really looked at him and I saw him. All the crap he had to put up with, looking out for us and having to look out for himself.Sometimes Zach would run away or disappear for days but he always came back.

I looked out the window at the passing beach, then I remembered something. Once Zach ran away and came back three days later. The moment Mom saw him she attacked him. I remember me and Cameron watched as they argued.

I remember Mom yelling at him asking him why he came back. He said "I won't leave them behind! No matter how much I hate you and wanna leave I won't leave them with a crazy B**ch like you". At that moment I realized that I loved my brother even though we were never really that close.

I was lost in thought when I heard Zach say something.

"What? Sorry I was lost in thought"

"I asked if maybe there was something special you wanted to do when we get there, or maybe we could go out to eat. Anything you wanna do" He smiled at me.

"We could go out to eat' I said.

"Great" he nodded.

By the time it was dark we were pulling in to an Long horn stake house. "Order whatever you want" He said happily.

I did, it was nice sitting down with my brother. We talked about normal things like school, my friends, what college I was interested in, what I like to do. I learned things about my brother too, his favorite color is red, he doesn't eat fish, and his favorite sport is baseball.

We were laughing and smiling like a normal family and I kept thinking that this is how it should be.

We drove to Zach's house after dinner.

"You can go on inside, i'll grab your luggage and bring it inside. Oh your rooms up the stairs to the left" He said.

Zach lived in a two story house victorian style house, painted all white. Rose bushes covered the front of the house and there were vines climbing uo the side.

This house is so pretty, how did Zach afford this?

I flicked on the lights and headed up stairs to my room. It was a regular room beige walls a bed and a window.

Suddenly the light shut off.

"Don't tell me the power shut off!" I said to myself.

I reached along the walls for the light switch then felt something warm.

A hand came out of the darkness and grabbed my wrist.

I screamed.