Sincerely Ch. 22

I heard the faint dripping of water.

I focused hard on the sound trying to awaken. I slowly opened my eyes to an unfamiliar room.

I was lying on the ground, at least it felt like the ground. I scanned my eyes around the dark room, it wasn't a room it looked more like a jail cell in a basement but it was too dark to be sure.

                                                                         Where am I?

I tried to sit up but my body wouldn't budge. When I tried to move again I realized that I couldn't feel my body at all. I couldn't feel my arms, legs, or feet. When I tried to speak a strange noise came out.

                                                                      Why can't I move?

I could feel my heart beat faster and faster as the panic rose. I took a deep breath and tried to remember what happened.

I searched through my memories for an answer. I remember Zach took me to a bar, then we went through a door with 3 men waiting in the back. They had guns and.... and Zach sold me to them, then there was darkness.

Tears welled up in my eyes as the memories came back. My brother sold me to pay off his debt. He never cared for me, he brought me here to sell me.

It finally hit me. He never cared about me, he had this planned from the start! He acted like the perfect older brother and I trusted him.

I sobbed quietly in the darkness. This isn't the time to be crying! I have to find a way out of here.

Whoever brought me here must have drugged me.Thats why I wasn't tied up.

I slowly tried to move my fingers but they only twitched.

I don't know how long I spent trying to move my limbs but before I new it I was covered in sweat.

Hours must have passed by before I finally gave up.

                                I layed there for what felt like years, waiting, waiting to live, waiting to die.

Finally I heard a heavy door open then close. There were footsteps growing louder.

I kept my eye's locked on the ceiling, I didn't want to see who my visitor was.

"Well it looks ike you've been awake for some time" I knew it was Zach.

I didn't say anything and kept starring at the ceiling.

He unlocked the cell and came towards me.

"I came to see you one last time. Tommorow is your auction, you'll be sold to the highest bidder. Since we did grow up together, I hope it's not one of those creepy old perverts. But who knows you might get sold to someone who runs a slave business. That wouldn't be too bad" he laughed.

I finally looked at him. He was smiling at me. His blonde hair was covering most of his face but I could see his eyes smiling down at me.

I gave him a look that I hoped would kill him.

"Aww don't give me such a mean look I am your brother after all" He chuckled.

I had to ask him, I had to know. "W-whe-why?" I managed to croak out.

"Why? Because I hate you" He smiled at me.

I looked at him in shock, asking him with my eyes why he hatted me.

               "I hate you because your loved. I hate you because Mom loves you" he said.

I had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

 "Of course you wouldn't know. You didn't know that your not my sister, you didn't know that your real mother is dead. You didn't know that you were adopted" There was no hatred in his voice just truth.

I didn't believe him, he was wrong. He's wrong!

"I can tell you don't believe me. I wanna be able to see your expression when I tell you the truth" I saw him pull out a needle.

He suddenly shoved it in my arm and injected whatever it was into me.

                  Slowly the feeling began to return to my body, it still felt numb but I could move.

I sat up slowly and leaned against the wall. It took a few minutes before I could talk but I finally said,"What the hell a-are you talkin bout?".

He crouched down and looked me in the eyes. "Mom always loved you more than us, you could never see it but I did. She loved you, who wasn't even her real child more than she loved me or Cameron" He spat.

"Your lying, she beat the crap out of me the same as you. I hate her too but she is my mom"

"Haha you should be happy to know that bitch isn't your real mother" he pushed his blonde hair out of his face.

"You should be happy" he repeated, the anger rising in his voice.

                           "Ever since we were little she always treated you differently and I hated you for that. After I ran away and got into debt I blambed you. It's your fault, if you'd never been born my Dad wouldn't have left, Mom wouldn't be crazy, we would have been perfect if it wasn't for you" His voice trembled.

I looked him in the eye, "I don't know what the hell your talkin about, but I lived with that woman for 14 years, she raised me even if she did do a shitty job of it. As far as I know that crazy bitch is my Mom, and nothin you say will change that" I said firmly.

He bit the bottom of his lip in anger.

He lifted his foot, I didn't have time to dodge it before he slammed his foot into my chest.

I felt my collar bone crack under the weight of his foot.

I cried out in pain.

I slumped to the floor, my arms wrapped around my chest.

"Stupid bitch" he kicked me in the stomache.

"Stop" I chocked out.

We were both breathing heavily. He sighed then crouched in front of me. "I hope whoever gets you fuckin kills you".

I looked into his eyes and saw that he meant it.

He walked back upstairs and slammed the door shut.

I curled up in a ball on the floor and sobbed all alone in the darkness.