Sincerely Ch. 25

I remember when i was 8 years old i got lost in the woods in our back yard. I wandered back there because mom was drunk and i was scared. Whenever mom got drunk i'd always run away or else i'd get hit.

I ran into the woods, i ran as fast as i could to get away. I ran until i was out of breathe, i ran until my legs burned. I remember collapsing on the moss, and waiting.

I stayed there for a while, then decided i should get back home but i couldn't find my way back.

It turned to night and i was still lost, I called out my mothers name, I called out to my brothers, i even called out to my father but there was no answer...

It started raining, so i hid inside the base of an old tree, I remember waiting in the cold rain for someone to find me.

I started crying for anyone to find me and save me.

I curled myself into a ball as it got colder, Am i going to die here?

Then i heard a sound, I heard someone calling my name.

I could hear them frantically calling my name through the rain. The sound came closer and closer, and i saw Kyle. He was soaked but he was searching frantically for me.

I ran to him and grabbed  a hold of him and cried my eye's out. He wrapped his arms around me and all the fear seemed to drain out of me.

He told me that whenever i needed help, that i can always come to him. After that whenever mom had a fit i'd always go to Kyle because i knew he'd protect me.

But this time he wasn't here to help me. I'm lost in the forest and kyle isn't here to help, no one's going to help me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly opene'd my eye's, above me i could see the blue sky through the tree leaves. The sun shinning on them made them look beautiful like emeralds.

I blinked a few times, Where am i?

Birds were chirping, bugs were humming, and the wind was blowing.

I tried to sit up but the muscles in my body were to soar. The pain brought back the memories of what happened.

"Oh yeah that's what happened" I flopped my head back on the ground.

I can't believe he betrayed me, my own brother! And he did it so easily... i guess i never really meant anything to him at all. I dug my nails into the soil, my emotions were building up, all the anger, hatred, pain, and sadness.

I lifted myself up, which took alot of effort, I grabbed a stick that was near me and pulled myself up on my feet.

I took a few deep breaths then marched forward, I can't stay here, I have to at least try and find my way back to civilization.

I stopped and looked around, I noticed most of the trees were alpine, and pine trees.

"OK if i'm still in California, which i'm sure I am, and i'm in the north i'm probably around the sierra Nevada area. That's not to far from civilization, maybe like 1000 miles" I said aloud.

It'll take me forever to get there, especially with me going at a snails pace.

Sigh, I looked around, there was a huge rock sticking up out of the ground. I limped over to it and leaned against it. It was really smooth, and almost perfectly round.

Hm what is this granite? I ran my hand over it.

Wait... if this is granite than I am definitely in the sierra Nevada region, and pines means that i'm in Yosemite! And San Francisco is about....150 miles away.

I groaned, damn you shawn! If i make it out of here alive, I will kill you!

"San Fran is east of Yosemite so I go" I looked around, "That way" I pointed.

I started walking toward the east, but i didn't get far. The sun was high in the sky, even though it was cool out with all the walking I did, I was tired and more importantly thirsty.

I sat down to rest, I starred at the mountains in the distance, I have to climb over those. Just thinking about it made my legs throb.

My stomach started growling, I need food, water and rest.

"I'm so hungry...I wish i had a large peperoni pizza" I rubbed my stomache. "And what food is there out here? There are only berries and they're probably poison" I sighed.

Might as well take a nap, that'll help the hunger. I layed down on a pile of pine needles and dozed off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up it was morning again, "I didn't mean to over sleep. But i do feel refreshed" I stretched.

My rumbling stomache interrupted mymoment of peace.

I've never been this hungry in my entire life. I was starting to get worried, What if I die out here?

I focused mye eye's on the ground, what if i never see Kyle or Tabby again? I shook the thought from my head. Don't think about it, just try to figure out what to do.

There was a huge gust of wind that shook even the huge pine trees. when it stopped the whole forest seemed to go quiet. The birds stopped their singing, and the bugs stopped buzzing, it was like the forest was holding its breath.

Why did it just get so quiet?

I started getting goose bumps, maybe i should get going.

I feel good enough to walk without the stick, but it could come in handy for protection. I sharpedned the edge of the stick with a sharp rock, then kept going toward the mountain.

The forest still seemed to be way too quiet, I was starting to geven even more nervous.

Suddenly I heard a rustling sound behind me. I froze, glancing from side to side, not darring to move.

What do I do? Do I run or stay and see what it is?

I bit down on the inside of my mouth.

I heard the sound again and whirled around, my stick pointed out in front of me. I scanned the entire forest.

Time to run.

I took a few cautious steps back, whirled around and darted through the woods. Whatever I heard was fallowing me, I could hear it breathing.

I kept glancing behind me to try and see what i was running from but all that i could see was trees. The next thingIi knew My face was in the dirt.

I tripped over a branch.

Damn! I scrambled to my feet and tried to keep running but there was a sharp pain in my left foot and i fell back to the ground.

"Damnit!" I cursed outloud.

I grabbed the spear and held it ready for an attack, but there was nothing.

Where is it? where is it?

Minutes passed but there was nothing. I relaxed my muscles, Maybe i scared it off.

I used the stick to pull myself up off the ground, still scanning the area, then I saw them.

Those familiar red eye's, then my mind went blank.