Thomas

"Who let this Shank over here!" Someone shouted as I made my way to the front.

"Who let you here!" I fired back. Newt rolled his eyes as I stepped up next to him and Alby. Minho came up next to me.

"She wants to meet the new Greenie." Minho said nudging my arm. I rolled my eyes and nudged him back.

"Yeah, I'm hoping he'll be cuter than the rest of you shanks." Minho chuckled and I watched Newt smile.

"She's got our language down already." Minho said as the rattling and groaning of metal against metal finally stopped. "By the way, no one looks as good as I do." Minho murmured in my ear. I stifled my laughter as Alby threw open the metal cage of the Box and then the actual doors for the Box itself. Newt eyed us curiously, but I was focusing on the person in the Box. Thomas. It was Thomas.

He scrambled backwards, scared and bleary eyed as everyone began speaking at once.

"What's he look like?"

"How old is he?"

"Has he klunked his pants yet?"

"Hope he enjoyed the ride." Ignoring all their comments I bent down and looked him over like I was seeing him for the first time. That dark hair, and wide brown eyes were anything but unfamiliar.

"He is cute, I call dibs." I cried out. Some of the Gladers laughed, snickering. Thomas seemed to focus on my voice, on me. Alby held out a hand to him and Thomas stood, taking it. Alby pulled him up.

"Welcome to the Glade Greenie." Thomas seemed at a loss for words. I waited for him to say something, anything. Instead he just stared at us. Turning around and around confused and disoriented. He seemed to keep glancing at me.

"You know her?" Newt asked. Thomas swallowed hard and shook his head.

"I just.. She's just.." He didn't seem to be able to get out what he was trying to say.

"I have that effect." A couple more snickers.

"She's the only girl." Thomas spit out. "That I see anyways." He murmured looking out into the crowd like there might be more.

"Don't worry. We take turns kissing her." Minho spoke up. I almost shoved him into the Box.

"Touch me and I'll cut your lips off Minho." He just grinned. "Remember your name?" I asked turning back to Thomas.

"Tom.. I mean.. Thomas." Tom. Teresa liked called him that. Tom. "Why.. Why can't I remember anything else? Where are we? Are we trapped? Are we..."

"Shuck it Greenie. You'll learn soon enough." Alby said, clearly irritated. "Somebody find me Chuck!" Alby shouted into the crowd.

"'Scuse me. Alby calls." A voice spoke up in the middle of the crowd, drawing closer. Chuck stumbled forward and grinned up at Thomas.

"Looks like you're not the Greenie anymore. Congrats." Chuck nodded, smiling. That's right. He was the one we sent up a month before.

"Do I watch both of them?" Chuck asked skeptically nodding towards me. Alby glanced up at me and shook his head.

"Just him."

"Wait, I wanna know.." Thomas began again before Alby touched his arm.

"You'll learn. Now shuck it. Minho, what did I say earlier?" Minho rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Don't get your undies in a twist." The boy muttered pushing his sleeves farther up his arms before taking off toward the East Door. I almost wanted to go after him.