Alive

The doors began to open and I held my breath. As soon as I could see into the maze, I was stretching, craning my head to look through the concrete doors. Nothing. Nobody. I stopped moving, probably stopped breathing too. My heart sank so low I could feel it in my toes.

"They can't be gone." I murmured. Newt put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry but I've been trying to tell you." I bit my bottom lip to prevent myself from shouting at him. No. He didn't understand. Thomas was the end game. He was supposed to save everyone. Newt's hand fell from my shoulder as he began to walk away. I refused to look away from the entrance of the maze. If I looked away, if I even blinked, I might miss something. Some sign or some clue that would tell me they were still alive.

Tears were welling up at the corners of my eyes, I could feel it. I didn't dare blink to try to wipe the, away though. That might just make them fall. I wanted them to dry out and..

A flash of movement caught my eye. I stared at the right corner of the maze where the corridor turned off. Something had moved. I had seen it. My stomach churned at the thought of a Griever rolling out of the maze and into the Glade but it wasn't a Griever it was..

"Minho?" I shouted my heart was pounding now as two ragged figures walked slowly out of the maze towards the doors. "Minho!" I shouted louder. Then, "Thomas! Newt! Guys! They're back!" Newt turned immediately and ran towards me and the doors but I was running to them. They were just about to cross back into the Glade. "Minho." My heart dropped when I saw the look on his face. He was covered in dirt and looked like he had just fought and won a thousand battles.

I couldn't help myself as I ran towards him, I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. He seemed confused by the contact, as if he had never been hugged before and maybe he hadn't, at least not by a girl anyways. "I can't believe you're alive." I chocked out, burying my head in his shoulder. His arms came around my waist slowly but he held onto me tight.

"It's gonna take a lot more than some Grievers to get rid of me cupcake." I pulled back and rolled my eyes at him before hugging Thomas in the same way I had hugged Minho.

"I thought you guys were dead." I said lowly.

"We're fine but we have to.." I pushed back and hit Thomas shoulder. "Ow!" He cried out.

"What the hell were you thinking!" I shouted, gesturing towards the maze. "Why did you run in there! That was a stupid, boneheaded move." I hit his arm again.

"Ow! Jesus Mallory I couldn't just stand there and do nothing."

"Well don't do something like that again." I commanded. Minho snickered next to us and Newt looked amused as well. By then more people were gathering, amazed to see Minho and Thomas alive. Nobody mentioned Alby. If he didn't walk out with them, that must have meant something happened to him and even though a lump formed in my throat thinking about it I was just glad to have Thomas and Minho alive and well.

"I'll try not to." Thomas said, rolling his eyes at me. "In the meantime, we should get Alby down." I gave him a startled look.

"You have to what? Get Alby down?" I demanded. Thomas nodded.

"Minho knows. He's just tied to the wall over there. I think he's still alive." Thomas said, scratching his head and glancing back at the Maze. I glanced over his shoulder and then looked over at Minho who shrugged.

"Yeah, he's up there. Our fearless leader. Where's the damn Medjacks. He's been stung. If he's not dead, he's going to need some of that Grief Serum." Minho grumbled gesturing up with his hand, though I didn't know what he meant. I frowned and grabbed both of their wrists.

Malevolent Maze// Minhoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें