Call me Malls

"Welcome to the Glade Greenie." I scoffed as Newt peered at me through the bars.

"Let me out and I'll show you how welcome I feel." I snapped at him crossing my arms over my chest. Newt grinned at me from his place outside my door.

"Ah shuck it Greenie. You'll be fine." I barred, my teeth at him. I didn't want to be mean but it was Newt, he could take it.

"Don't call me Greenie. What the hell does that even mean?" I demanded like I already didn't know. Newt grinned, leaning up against the door.

"It's Greenie or Newbie what do you want?" Newt questioned.

"How about my actual name?" I demanded stepping closer to the door. Newt looked me up and down before replying.

"Okay Greenie what's your buggin' name?" I ground my teeth as he called me Greenie yet again.

"Mallory."

"Mallory, then we..." I cut him off.

"Don't call me Mallory. Malls. Call me Malls." Newt just stared at me. "Now can you please explain to me what the hell is going on?" Newt's expression darkened.

"Why don't you explain to me?" He fired back.

"What are you talking about!" I shouted, trying to sound as confused and pissed off as I could.

"Why were you in the maze? How are you not dead? Why after two bloody years is there finally a girl in our Glade?" I knew the answers but I had to pretend I didn't. Balling my fists and breathing out slowly I replied,

"I don't know anything okay? I woke up in that labyrinth and those... Those things chased me! I'm lucky I'm not dead!" I shouted. Then, grabbing the bars I got real close to his face and said. "Now please, I want answers. Where are we? Why are there only boys? What are those things out there?" I demanded. Newt held my gaze. Then he seemed to roll his eyes and turn around.

"Chuck! Somebody get me Chuck!" He called out loudly, his accent bleeding through as he spoke.

"Hey! Hey! I want answers!" I shouted shaking the door. Everyone within hearing distance turned to look at me, but no one moved a muscle to get me out. "I swear, let me out or I'll scream!" I shouted at Newt's retreating form. He turned around to look at me, walking backwards now, this stupid careless grin on his lips.

"Scream all you buggin' want shank! We're not letting you out!" He shouted back at me. With a cry of total frustration I retreated back to my corner in the Cell. Sinking down onto the ground, I contemplated how I should let them know I'm here to help and not here to dismantle them. Well, I'm here to do that too but as painlessly as possible.

A commotion outside my Cell startled me. Jumping up I moved closer to the door to see who it was. Chuck, with his mop of curly brown hair. He was trying to juggle a couple of things. Food and some water. "I would offer to help you." I start off, startling him. "But I'm a bit locked up at the moment." Chuck smiles at me but wipes the grin off his face just as fast, almost as if he feels like he shouldn't smile at me.

"Hiya." Chuck said cheerfully. "I'm going to open the door could you step back?" Without replying I step away from the door and stand in the center of the room. The door creaks open slowly. Chuck peaks around the door and sees me standing there, I smile.

"I don't bite, promise." I said cheerfully. I wouldn't hurt Chuck. He was too cute. He happened to be one of my favorite Gladers. Chuck seemed to take me up on my promise.

"I brought you food, as you can see. My names Chuck by the way." I nodded.

"I figured. That blond lanky guy from earlier was calling for you." Chuck placed his hands on his hips.