The Fall Of Wilson Fisk PT: 1

The next few days the police have been busy arresting everyone connected to Wilson Fisk and his payroll. Attorneys, politicians, police officers, news reporters and more all arrested thanks to Hoffman's testimony. Even the Senator of New York was arrested which was the most shocking to hear. Now Fisk was about to be arrested which was call for celebrations among the four of us. Foggy suggested that we all go to Josie's with victory drinks and frankly I thought it was a perfect idea. We all sat in a booth drinking the nasty beer Josie served but it was free according to Matt. Foggy and Karen sat in front of Matt and I, we haven't really announced that we were a couple because it would be a bit weird to explain. I looked up at the television seeing the many news bulletins about the arrests of everyone connected to Wilson Fisk. Snapping out of it when Matt's hand brushed across my thigh as I turned to see him smiling slightly.

"I propose a toast to honor the ones who were taken in this fight, may they now rest knowing that justice has been served." Foggy exclaimed holding up his beer and we all began to mimic his motions. The beer bottles clicked together as a small smile formed onto Karen's lips. "For Elena..."

"For Ben." Karen muttered we clicked again and took a swig of the liquid feeling it burn down my throat then hit my stomach. Foggy and Karen decided that it was time for us all to take shots leaving Matt and I alone.

"So...what's next?" I asked softly to Matt in order not be overheard while he looked over at me confused by what I was going with.

"What do you mean?" Matt whispered I looked up at the television seeing the footage replay of Fisk's arrest again.

"I mean I know Hell's Kitchen will still need the vigilantes but with Fisk going away do you think that it is really over? Do you think Gao is really gone? What if there are people out there that our far worse then Fisk just waiting for him to be taken out of the picture so they can fill the void?" I explained seeing Matt's jaw locked looking downwards then turned back to me again.

"If that happens then they will have no idea what they are facing when they officially meet us." Matt answered I nodded feeling Matt's hand now on mine giving me a squeeze before I let out a sharp sigh. Bending a bit closer to my face until we were close to feel our breaths onto one another's face. "There is something else bothering you...what is it?"

"It's just...I hope I am wrong but with how powerful Fisk has been this seemed too easy. I mean yeah we eliminated all of his connections here in New York but what about outside of New York? What if he has connections elsewhere that we don't even know about?" I explained watching Matt's face twitch for a moment then he turned to look over at me again.

"You are not wrong...I feel the exact same way. I do feel like something really bad is about to happen." Matt whispered just as he said those words the news bulletin caught my attention as I turned to see how right we both were.

"Shit...Fisk...he escaped." I answered telling Matt while we both moved towards Foggy and Karen who were staring at the television. Before us showed a group of gunmen firing at the cops transporting Fisk and freeing him from the police van. He was walking like a free bird towards their vehicle with dead cops lying on the streets. Matt's hands tightened on the cane as mine tightened to two fists with anger inside my chest. "He's not going to get away..."

"Hell no...let's go." Matt replied the four of us exited Josie's where Karen got into a cab before I laced my arm with Matt's to lead him down the sidewalk.

"Matt...Thea...wait." Foggy yelled behind us until we turned to see he knew what was about to happen. Looking over his shoulder towards Karen who was waiting in the cab behind him then turned to look at him. "You both are going after Fisk right?"

"Somebody has to Foggy. The cops clearly can't stop him." Matt answered in which Foggy knew that he couldn't convince Matt not to go. His eyes then turned to hit mine while I knew Matt was getting ready to pull me with him.

"Fine...keep him alive Thea." Foggy whispered I nodded pulling Matt with me as we headed down the streets avoiding the people running on the sidewalk. We were close to Matt's apartment when I stopped him remembering something pulling Matt to look at me again.

"I think it's time we pay Melvin another visit...our suits now won't stand a chance against Fisk." I reminded in which Matt nodded as we moved into his apartment to grab our old suits because it was time...time to get the new suits and time to finish this.

~~Well should've known it wouldn't have been that easy but the final showdown is about to begin

~~Well should've known it wouldn't have been that easy but the final showdown is about to begin.~~