Not Stalking...Observing

The next night I heard of Matt's new case of a young girl who was apparently in danger especially since someone was trying to kill her in her cell. From what I overheard her name was Karen, she worked for Union Allied Consolidations as a secretary and what she said is she found something she shouldn't have seen. She was then found in her apartment covered in blood and a dead coworker on the floor in front of her with the knife in her hands. Someone in the police station then tried to kill her or in this case shut her up which forced Matt to bring her to his apartment for her safety. I was on the roof across from Matt's apartment watching him as I was wearing a different outfit from the day. Now I was wearing a leather jacket and a black hoodie underneath it but it was thin enough to not prevent me from firing my bow. The hood was up covering my brown hair as I attached the voice changer I had underneath my shirt to disguise my voice. I also had just black war paint streaking across my eyes to conceal my identity from the perps or friends who saw me. I also was wearing a black tank top underneath it; I had my quiver attached to my backside with the strap across my chest. Arrows with crimson and black coloring were holstered into the quiver and my advanced bow was across my chest staying out of my hands for now. My hands were covered by protective gloves to help me with my bow and fighting. I wore a pair of black jegging jeans and a pair of black combat boots. A holster was attached to my leg that held my throwing knives in case I was disarmed with my bow then I had another weapon to use. It was raining while the water was running down my uniform when I saw Matt dawning his black suit and running on the roofs of the buildings following the girl who was walking somewhere suspiciously. I followed behind across from him; he was too focused to even notice that I was there thankfully. Eventually I stopped on the one roof when I saw Matt sneaking into the apartment building after the young girl. Pulling my bow off my chest and took an arrow from the quiver, hooked it to my string and waited to see what was going to happen. About five minutes later I saw two figures crashing from the window hitting the scaffolding hard then landing hard to the floor. They both seemed unconscious for a brief moment until I watched Matt start to lift his sore body up with blood streaking from his lips to the puddles below him. The guy he was fighting was coming too as I saw a glisten of silver appear in his hand, Matt seemed to be a bit dazed as the guy was getting ready to plunge it into him. I drew back my arrow, lined it up and let it fly piercing the guy's shoulder which he dropped the knife screaming in pain. Matt regains his focus as he slips the man's feet from under him and slams his fist into his face knocking him out again. The young girl he was following appeared as I saw Matt digging into the unconscious man's pockets then pulls what looked like a USB from the pocket showing it to the girl.

"I'll get this to the cops." Matt replied panting heavily from the fight but I see the girl's eyes light up with fear.

"No...you can't trust the police." She whimpered Matt turned slightly to her nodding as he took a step closer towards her.

"Then we expose them another way." Matt answered taking the unconscious man into his hands until he noticed the arrow in his shoulder. Stopping for a moment I knew he was about to turn around so I slipped into the darkness before he could sense me. I ended up following him seeing he had the unconscious man over his shoulder as he walked up to the New York Bulletin. With the guy's arms bound and an envelope pinned to his chest he tossed the guy onto the stairs and climbed up the fire escape to escape from view. I was about to leave when I turned I saw him standing there panting heavily a few feet in front of me. "Why are you stalking me?"

"I'm not stalking...I'm observing." I smiled with my voice distorted to confuse him of my identity especially with those enhanced senses of his couldn't pick up my identity.

"Observing what?" he asked I pull an arrow slowly lacing it to my bow as I backed up to the ledge behind me.

"You'll find out soon." I answered firing the arrow in the opposite direction as the grapple latched onto the one building and I escape before he could react. That was close...TOO Close.

~~That was too close lol

~~That was too close lol. Gonna update twice today so stay tuned.~~