I Promise I'll Come Back

It was eleven at night as I was pacing the room quietly so no one could hear me trying to figure out what to do. Should I go with him and learn what he sees inside me or should I stay here with Matt and be left with this question for the rest of my life? I was twelve years old and I had nothing else going for me, Matt and I talked about what our futures held. He wanted to be a lawyer and help people of Hell's Kitchen, I wanted to help people too but I didn't know how. He had plans but I felt like I was holding him back so maybe I should take his mentor up on his offer. I made my decision, I was going to do it and I grabbed the backpack I had underneath my bed. I tossed all of my clothing that I owned into that bag and silently crept out of the room. Moving slowly I headed towards where Matt's room was, I had to avoid the sisters who were checking the halls for us since it was passed curfew. I easily managed to avoid them, I had done this for years and I was never discovered. My hand grabbed onto Matt's room door, opening it silently not to wake his roommates and crept into the room. I saw Matt sleeping on the bed as I tiptoed to his bed and bent down in front of his bed. My hand braced his mouth as he squirmed in a panic from what was going on.

"It's me Matty...shhhh." I whispered he relaxed as I removed my hand from his and sat on the edge of his bed.

"What are you doing here Thee?" he asked softly I tucked my long brown hair strand behind my ear as I tried to figure out the words to tell him.

"I'm getting out of here." I answered seeing his blank stare gaze passed me, only I was allowed to see his eyes everyone else got the glasses.

"What are you talking about? Where are you going to go?" he asked I sighed watching him shift in his bed to get closer to me.

"Just out of here...I need to get out of this place. I can't stay anymore." I exclaimed watching Matt face contort to show confusion.

"Thea? You are twelve years old. Going out there is too dangerous." He reminded I knew if I told him who I was going with then he would be mad so I decided not to mention it.

"I know...I'm leaving New York. A couple of friends from school are heading out of the city, I'll be fine Matty." I lied seeing Matt sigh running his hands through his long shaggy dark brown hair.

"What about our plans? We were planning on attending high school, college together. What happened to us sticking together?" he whimpered I took his face into my hand and stroke away the tear that was getting ready to fall.

"I know but I can't stay here Matty. I'm sorry. I promise I'll find a way to talk to you and one day I will come back to New York, okay?" I explained watching him sigh I knew it could be the last time that I would see Matt and I doubt I would be able to talk to him ever again. "I promise I will come back to you Matty..."

"Okay." He whispered I tightened my hand on his face for a moment then bent forward pressing my lips onto his. He was startled for a moment but then he let it happen as I broke away seeing a small smile form on his lips. "What was that for?"

"I may not be here when you get a real girlfriend but I want to be sure that I was your first kiss just like you will be mine." I explained he smirked I took his hand into mine and gave it a small squeeze .

"I'll treasure that." He whispered I smiled standing up from his bed releasing his hand and headed to the door again, I turned to look at him one more time.

"Love you Matty." I smiled bracing my hand on the rim of the doorway as I watched Matt shift in his bed again.

"Love you too Thea...good luck." He whispered I nodded leaving his bedroom then silently crept down the hallway until I got to the entrance. I saw the car parked there waiting just like the old man said it would be. I quickly made my way to the car stopping when I felt someone watching me, turning I saw Matt by the window looking out as I smirked a sad smile. I entered the car sliding into the back seat and shut the door, the driver didn't say a word just pulled us out of the lot. I looked at the back window seeing Matt still standing there, a sad look plastered onto his face as it tore my heart open.

"Goodbye Matty..." I whispered to myself before turning to face forward wiping away the tears that fell down my face. I didn't want anyone to see me cry, I had to be strong because one day I would find Matt again. I will fight to see him again.

~~Babies omg~~