Always Joined At The Hip

My eyes narrowed onto Stick as he stood up while I remained behind Matt who was trying to process what was going on.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I asked finally breaking the silence between the three of us as I crossed my arms against my chest.

"How do you know each other?" Matt wondered I kept my eyes locked onto Stick who came closer to the both us while I remained still.

"You never told him?" Stick exclaimed in my direction as I felt my jaw lock when Matt's head turned in my direction behind him.

"Tell me what?" Matt wondered though I didn't answer him which Stick just gave his usual cocky smile and I just shook my head towards him.

"Who do you think trained her?" Stick exclaimed I could see how surprise Matt was and that surprise eventually turned to anger.

"That's the reason why you left the orphanage? You lied to me? You both of you lied to me all this time?" Matt asked I didn't answer him only because I didn't have any answers to give him as my eyes stayed locked onto Stick.

"I should've known that you would come back here, you and Matty were always joined at the hip even as kids." Stick reminded I felt sick to my stomach that he knew so much about me and Matt while Matt himself was trying to process what Stick said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again watching Matt clear his throat while my eyes left Stick to look at Matt.

"He is here because he needs my help...our help." Matt began I moved a bit closer to Matt in order to keep my distance from Stick.

"Our help with what? He's a big boy...I doubt he needs us." I reminded seeing Matt give a small nod that I had a point.

"Well this time is different...I need the both of you to help me destroy a weapon that is coming into New York tonight." Stick explained I didn't look at him, I hated the way Stick looked at me like I was that little girl he took in 20 years ago.

"What kind of weapon?" Matt asked where I saw Stick taking his own cane and twisted his grip tightly onto the cane.

"They call it Black Sky." Stick exclaimed those words hit me like a thousand arrows being fired into my chest. My eyes widened while Matt remained confused, I knew all about that but I rather let Stick explain everything to him. "All you both need to know is the Yakuza is transporting it here tonight and I need both of you to help me destroy it before they can activate it."

"We will help...on one condition. No killing." Matt answered moving towards Stick as a silent chuckle escaped from my lips, like Stick would agree to that.

"Okay...I swear I won't kill anyone." He exclaimed tracing a 'X' across his chest where his heart would be in his way to promise but something didn't sit well with me. Matt eventually turned to look at me his eyes gazed to the side but I knew he was trying to get me to speak.

"Fine...I will do this one thing for him but that is it. I am done." I replied seeing Matt nod moving to the couch to grab his mask and gloves from the couch then headed to his room for a moment. Stick took a step towards me as I stiffened my whole body when he was a few inches from one another.

"I appreciate your help Althea..." he whispered softly in which I took a step closer to him so only he could hear me.

"I don't know what you have planned Stick but if something goes wrong and Matty gets hurt...I will not hesitate to stick my arrows into you. Do you understand me?" I threatened softly seeing him force a small smile on his lips.

"Always protecting him...even as a child you protected him. He is a big boy now..." Stick began as I grabbed his jacket pulling him close to my face looking into his blank eyes feeling anger hit my throat.

"I am not kidding Stick, you remember the last thing I said to you?" I began pressing my forearm deep into his throat rendering him incapable of speaking so he could just make a face to tell me he knew. "If Matt gets so much as a paper cut I will tear you apart. Do you understand?" Stick groan before nodding yes to my threat as I released his jacket and move away from him. Turning back around I saw Stick dig his hand into his jacket pocket. I watched him pull out a small vial from the pocket then handed it to me.

"Here...take this." He replied handing me a vial that was attached to an arrowhead as my fingers twirled it to see every angle of it.

"What's this?" I asked taking it into my hand as my eyes scanned the contents, it was a yellow colored liquid that could connect with my shaft.

"It is something we need to stop the Black Sky." Stick answered Matt walked in eventually with the black mask on the roof of his head. I pulled out another arrow removing the arrowhead placing it into my quiver and placed the new arrowhead onto the shaft. Something didn't feel right when I placed it onto the shaft but I knew I would keep it just in case I needed it.

"Let's go." Matt exclaimed I followed Matt up the stairs with Stick behind me, something told me that something was going to go wrong. Just like my last mission with Stick...a simple mission and everything goes wrong.

a simple mission and everything goes wrong

~~Well that's who trained Thea...And her threatening Stick will he keep his promise? (Doubt it)~~