You're Not The Only One With The Devil Inside

I could still hear Matt's heart beating into my ears as my face laid on his fingers ran up my backside again hovering over each scar he found again.

"You have a lot of scars...is this all from your time with Stick?" Matt asked to break the silence between us, his sheets were twisted around our bodies with it resting on his waist.

"From the many missions he sent me on." I answered feeling his fingers trace on the first scar that was on my lower rib cage.

"Where was this from?" he began my eyes didn't even have to move to know which one he was feeling as my mind fell back into the past.

"Stopping a drug cartel from transporting high grade cocaine into the United States...it was from a knife that the leader tried to puncture my lung but he missed hitting bone instead." I exclaimed which Matt's fingers left that one and moved to the next that rested at my mid back.

"And this one?" he asked I could feel the ache of remembering this one as I licked my lips and cleared my throat for a moment.

"Not much of a story on this one...just a bitch who stabbed me in the back after I tried to help her." I exhaled we went through almost every scar that was on my body with my stories making him concerned of my life since I have been gone. His finger traced onto the one that was on my shoulder, he knew of this one but he never knew the story behind it.

"This one was from your father right?" Matt's voice was low and filled with concern, this was the longest scar on my body. The one with the longest amount of time on my body, the first one I received but it wasn't during my time with The Chaste. I lifted myself up off Matty turning away from him for a moment looking at the scar on my shoulder.

"Yeah...when I was seven. When I needed surgery." I whispered when I could feel my eyes starting to glisten with possible tears before I wiped away the tears before they could even fall. "You aren't the only one with the darkness in them Matty."

"What are you talking about?" he asked sitting up I placed my hands together picking at the nail beds with my thumb.

"I always felt two things growing up; a intense fire that burns deep in my heart and a darkness that I've been fighting so it doesn't consume my soul. Every night we go out there I have to fight not only these criminals but myself. To stop myself from sending an arrow into their throats or their hearts. And after Nobu I feel like the darkness in me is starting to get harder to contain." I explained feeling Matt's fingers brushed across my back which I found myself tensing up by his touch now. Clearing my throat I turned slightly back to look over at him. "And what you don't know is that Ben keeps calling me the Angel that balances out the Devil of Hell's Kitchen. That the Angel is guiding the Devil from not crossing over the line with the criminals that we stop. Angel this...Angel that. But that is the thing Matty, I'm not. Not with what I have done."

"Then we tell Ben not to call you that." Matt offered I was now reapplying everything onto my body with Matt was still in the bed behind me.

"It's not what I meant Matty."  I answered seeing my hand twitch slightly before I shook it and ran my fingers through of my hair to untangle it from the sex head Matt left.

"So what do you mean?" he asked I turned back to face him I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed waiting for my explanation.

"I mean is that you aren't the only one with the Devil inside." I exclaimed seeing a blank expression hit me as I just wanted to go out and clear my head from everything that was racing inside. "I'm gonna get some air..." I turned and headed to the roof without stopping to hear anything Matt would say to convince me that I wasn't the Devil. On the roof I ran my slightly shaking finger across the scar on my shoulder, I told Matt how it happened but I never told him the full story. I knew if I ever did then he would never trust me again, he would never see me for who I am now. I don't even know who I am now but I only knew that I was no Angel. And I never will be.

First off, What could Thea mean by that?  Is she hiding something from Matt? Will he find out what?

Second off I apologize that this is a late update, I've been soooo focused on editing my own personal novel I forgot what day it was and I needed to update.  Im Sorry.~~