It's Time We Talked

I have been following Matt the next few weeks but keeping my distance that way his senses wouldn't pick me up. I watched him beat up more drug dealers, muggers and more as a smile filled my lips for how proud I was of him. I finished with my client early in the week; it wasn't too hard to track down her birth mother especially with my skills in hacking. I reunited them yesterday and they were both happy to see one another after so long. Easy money in my book. I was standing on a roof in the distance when I watched Matt interrogating a man about where a young boy was taken by the Russian Mafia. I wish I intervened earlier when he was beaten so bad that he was bleeding badly but I had my own criminals to deal with while he was temporary incapacitated. A young woman who was with him helped him with his injuries was with him while he interrogated the man. His screams were so loud but the city was too loud making his screams sound like normal here. About ten minutes later he seemed to get the location as he threw the man off the building and into the dumpster below. He said farewell to the woman before heading to the location, I followed knowing he may need some help especially with his new injuries. I had access to windows where I saw Matt fighting the men inside them; I took a few blinding arrows to help him and fired them through the windows to give Matt an advantage. They were blinded which I knew Matt wouldn't be affected by them due to being blind already. I fired a few explosive ones too to confuse them of who they were fighting until they were all unconscious and I could see Matt walking out carrying a young boy in his arms. A smile filled my lips when I followed him to the house where the boy was living and being safely returned home. While Matt limped to the nearby alleyway I figured it was time for the two of us to talk about everything. I finally got close enough for him to notice when he stopped, cocked his head slightly in my direction and then looked forward again.

"I know you are there..." he replied I felt my lips tighten a bit and I slowly emerged from my shadows until I was standing a good distance from him. My hand tightened on the bow that I held until he turned to face me. "What are you doing here?"

"It is time for the two of us to have a chat." I answered seeing his head tilt like he was trying to listen for any sounds of deception but I still had my voice distorted.

"Chat about what?" he asked I took one step towards him seeing his whole body tense up for a moment so I stopped.

"About how long you have been running across rooftops." I answered watching him flex a small bit like he was preparing himself for a possible fight.

"Why do you care?" he wondered I smiled taking one more step towards him until there was a small gap from one another.

"Because I care about my best friend." I answered watching Matt's whole body become stunned by what he heard. Lifting my free hand I press onto the voice changer that was on my chest turning it off so he could hear my normal voice. "Hello Matty."

~~Oh snap

~~Oh snap...~~