|| • Chapter 30 • ||

"Wren!" I cried out as I struggled with tying the bow in the back of my dress.

I was becoming fairly frustrated and I was getting ready to call everything off. I couldn't see Bryn if I was in the mood to bite off his head.

"Yeah!" She popped her head out from the bathroom.

"Come tie this." I whine dropping the strings and stamping my feet.

"Alright alright." She laughed, daunting over to me.

She picked up the two overly sized strings and pulled them tight before tying a big bow against my back.

"You look beautiful." She smiled at my reflection as I started to put in my diamond studs.

"I feel like I'm doing too much." I turn around to face her and smooth out my black dress.

"No." She shakes her head. Pulling the tresses of my hair over my bare shoulders. "You look absolutely gorgeous." She smiled. "Callum is a lucky guy."

"Yeah about that." I say while walking away from her. "We broke up about a while ago." I turn to face her again.

"I know." She shrugs her shoulders.

"Really? Y-you knew this whole time?" I stare at her from under my lashes.

"Yeah." She nods her head. "Word gets around. I didn't say anything because I was waiting on you to tell me." She smiles.

I open my mouth to say something but a knock at the door cuts me off.

"Oh my god." My hands fly to my head. "I'm not ready I haven't finished my makeup. I haven't-"

"Really you still have more to do?" She arched her brow.

"Yes!" I exclaim.

She held up one finger and picked up my red lip stain. She unscrews the top and takes ahold of my face. She brushes it across my lips and examines them before stepping back.

"What's next?" She says casually while screwing the cap back on.

"Uhh-" There was a knock again and I jumped slightly. "I haven't picked out my shoes."

She walks over to the closet and pull out my gold pumps. She hands the over and I take them from her.

I use the wall for support as I slip them on my feet.

"Anything else?" She bats her eyelashes.

I run through my mental checklist and let out a sigh when everything cleared to be ok.

"I guess that's it." I look over at the door.

Bryn knocks again and I feel horrible for making him wait.

"You have a secret date to get to." She smiles at me.

I let out a laugh and wrap my arms around her in a hug. She does the same before sending me off.

"I thought I was going to have to pick the lock." Bryn teases as I step out into the hall.

"That won't be necessary." I laugh, brushing my hair out my face a a looking up at him.

"Is it bad I feel like this is our first date all over again?" He arches his brow while slipping his arms around my waist.

"No." I say. "But this time you get to kiss me."

He smiles and it causes for my lips to form one of their own. He leans down and places his smile against mine and kisses me softly.

"My lips won't turn red will they?" He mumbles against my lips.