|| • Chapter 5 • ||

|| • Chapter 5 • ||

I woke up again in the middle of the night to my phone ringing. This time it wasn't Callum, I was internally upset about it, but Bryn. This picked me right up and I answered my phone right away.

"Hey." I whisper, sliding out of my bed.

"Why are we whispering?" He asks in the same whisper tone.

"Wren is sleeping." I say and tip toe over to the door.

I stub my toe against the corner of the wall and bit back my howl of pain. Instead I cursed internally and kept going.

"Did you stub your toe?" He laughs and I nod my head even though he couldn't see me.

"Yes, once again." I pull open the door and it was dimly lit from the moonlight pouring on from the windows on either end of the hallway.

"To bad I'm not there to kiss it." He coos and I smile, closing the door behind me.

"Yeah to bad." I pout, leaning up against the wall and sliding down it until I'm sitting scrunched up on the floor.

"So I got a call today." He says after a few moments of silence.

"It wasn't from some supermodel was it?" I frown. "I swear if I have to fly back there once again to make it clear you're my boyfriend-"

"Fiancé." He cuts me off.

"Whatever! It's all just technicalities." I exclaim. "The point is if I need to come back again to cut someone I will. Do I need to cut someone?" I felt a frown etch it's way onto my face.

"No you don't." He laughed. "It was from your school actually." He continues.

"My school? Why is my school calling you?" I frown.

Schools couldn't call people. If they could I would like to be the first to know. Maybe then it would be much easier to communicate with the building. I never appreciated when the revolving door got stuck. It ruined my morning fun.

"Your dean called, well his assistant. He saw my work and wants me to photograph the last couple weeks of school for a slideshow at graduation." He explains.

"That's awesome!" I smile and tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I told him not to be alarmed when there's just a slideshow of you because my time will be spent with you." He cooed into the phone and I rolled my eyes.

"Now that's not doing you're job Brayline." I tease and he laughs. "Plus i'll be stuck with exams." I sigh.

"I'm sure we can work around that."

We talk for a couple more minutes before I tell him I really needed to get some sleep. After saying goodbye I headed into my room and slipped back into my bed.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

"Amelia." Callum snapped his fingers in my face.

"Huh?" I tried lifting my head off the table but it just fell back down.

"You ok? You seen exhausted." He chuckled and I look up at up.

"Do you see this room?" I motioned to the slight mess he was supposed to be cleaning up for me while I was taking a quick nap.

"Yes I do." He motioned to the cups and brushes in his hands.

"You try watching hyper active first graders early in the morning when you've been up all night!" I blurt out without taking a breath as I slowly lifted myself off the desk.