|| • Chapter 19 • ||

Bryn came back a couple minutes after the food arrived. He looked a little better than when be left but now it looked like something was bothering him.

"You ok?" I asked before he could take a bite of his food.

"Yeah I'm fine." He muttered, picking up his sandwich.

Those were the last words we spoke to each other. Kelsey desperately tried to get us to speak to each other but we had nothing to say. So I sat and texted Callum for a bit, which my conscience classified as rude. When the guilt settled over me I stopped and excused myself to the bathroom.

I stood in the mirror and stared at my reflection for a bit before splashing water on my face. I let out a sigh and dried my face. I looked to my side and nearly jumped when I saw a girl that could be classified as a prostitute sitting on the counter. She was chomping down on her gum and bouncing her leg.

"Hi." She smiles at me.

"Hello." I say cautiously.

"The name's Crystal." She held her her hand.

Her nails were long and red with gold sparkles. I stared at her hand for a bit, trying my hardest not to think about where it might've been. She lets out a laugh and pulls it back.

"I get that a lot." She tucks her hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry I just never-"

"Encountered a prostitute before? I get that to." She hops off the counter.

I watch as she pulls out bra padding and shake her hair to make it fall over her shoulders more. She also unties whatever it was tied around her waist, they turned out to be sleeves. She slips her arms through them and pulls down her skirt. She then runs her fingers through her hair and puts it up in a ponytail. When it was up she pulled a pair of glasses out her purse and slips them on.

"Do I look like a prostitute now?" She asks, arching her brow.

"No." I shake my head. "I don't get the point of the whole dressing like a slut thing." I motioned to her attire and laugh.

"I'm doing a sociology project. People judge people by what they see before getting to know them. Since my parents thought it'd be a perfect idea to name me Crystal I decided to use it to see if people will mistake it for a false name. Most people do until I tell them my story." She leans against the counter.

"But shouldn't you hang out on the corner?" I furrow my brow.

"No! There's creeps and cops out their. I'm not that stupid." She snorts and I laugh.

"Well good luck." I left out the bathroom and Kelsey and Bryn were arguing when I got back.

As I slid into the booth they stopped talking. There was silence until Bryn spoke up.

"Well I'm ready to go, how about you two?" He looked between the two of us.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

Wren smiled holding up the flyer.

"Guess what we are able to go to now?" She squealed.

"The senior bash?" I arched my brow.

"Yes the senior bash!" She throws her hands in the air. "Do you know how long I've waited for this?"

"Years." I grumble and walk over to my bed.

I frown when I see the envelope resting on my pillow. I snatched it up at turned to face her again.

"Do you keep putting this on my pillow?" I held it up.