|| • Chapter 17 • ||

"How's your leg?" I asked Callum as I lowered myself on to his bed.

"It's could be better." He smiled instantly when he looked at me.

I couldn't help but smile back at him. My heart fluttered in my chest and I felt my stomach perform multiple flips.

"You'll be out in two days so that's a good thing." I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Two days without you bella." He grabbed my hand and kisses the tip of my fingers.

"But i'll be here." I laughed and he shook his head.

"Not all day." He kissed my palm.

"True, but i'll be here at night to check up on you." I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Like you said i'll be out in two days." He kissed my wrist.

"Do you not like me being here? Am I killing your game?" I arch my brow.

"My game?" He laughs. "I can assure you I only have eyes for one girl and that's my Amerilla." He smiled.

"Good." Without thinking I leaned in an kissed him.

He I quickly pulled myself away from him and we stared at each other.

"I- That- I didn't mean- I have to go." I blurted out and stood up from his bed.

"No, Amelia wait it's ok." He calls after me and I shake my head.

I rush out of the room, running into one of the passing nurses who was examining papers in a Manila folder. She failed to see me and her papers flew everywhere.

"Sorry!" I apologize and quickly scamper off towards the elevator.

I vigorously pressed the down call button until the elevator arrived. When I was inside and the doors were shut I allowed myself to breathe once again.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

My plan when I got back home was to face plant my bed. I was so close to. Wren was still gone but I didn't seem to really mind it. The only thing stopping me was the stupid envelope sitting on my pillow. I frowned and it and snatched it up. I almost ripped it open to get rid of the darned thing but I stuck it in my underwear drawer, so deep down I knew wren wouldn't even dare to go in there to retrieve it. I slammed I shut just as Wren opened the door, laughing. I caught a glimpse of Mack on the other side of the door before she slammed it closed because she noticed I was standing there.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were with Callum at the hospital." She panicked, leaning against the door.

"Well it's obvious I'm not." I walk back over to my bed. "Why did you slam the door on Mack?" I ask while toeing off my shoes and plopping down on my bed.

"Who?" She asks, walking over to her bed.

"Mack, you know tall, brown hair, cute dimples." I describe.

"Oh him? He was just stopping by to say hello." She waved off, her cheeks flourishing in pink.

"Oh." I nod my head.

There was a knock at the door. Wren rushed to get it but I reached it before here. It was a perk when I was still training. I was quick on my feet. Get right now it wasn't a perk at all, I felt nauseous and a little light headed as well. I expected to feel winded but didn't. I push the feelings away for now.

I pull open the door and Mack gives me a surprised look.

"Mack." I chirp excitedly. "We were just talking about you cutie." I tease. "Come in, come in." I step aside and watch him walk through the door.

"I was just stopping by to drop of something." I watch him frantically feel his pockets. "I must've forgo-"

What happened next took me by complete surprise. Wren had takin Mack by his jacket collar and pulled his tall frame down towards her. Their lips met and you could just feel the Sparks of fire fly off their bodies.

Because of this my body suddenly went into "defense mode" and carried me into the bathroom so I could hunch over the toilet and empty my insides into it.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

"I'm sorry me liking Mack disgust you." Wren says bitterly when I exit the bathroom.

Mack was still there, sitting in her bed looking like he had seen a ghost before and then just saw it again after years.

"I didn't throw up because of that." I plop down on my bed.

Do you have a baby sister in your tummy Ms. Fosters?

I shook the thought away and laid down.

"Then why did you throw up Amelia?" She furrowed her brows.

"It's just a bug, i'll get over it." I mutter.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • || • ||

The bathroom light flicked on and I heaved into it once again, nothing coming out beside nothing was in.

"I don't think it's a bug." Wren slurs sleepily.

Me either.

A/N: sorry this chapter is short but you shall get another one tomorrow. I promise, I promise!