|| • Chapter 27 • ||

I wake up a few hours later on the floor, Callum sound asleep next to me. It had gotten dark outside and I'm pretty sure it's early morning the next day.

I gather my clothes and quietly slip them on. I then use my one night stand skills, not like I even had any, and snuck out of his room. I felt horrible for leaving him after that but I had a zoo trip later, that I didn't want him to tag along to. I'll text him later apologizing.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • || • ||

After scrubbing every ounce of guilt off my body in the shower once I got back I decided to sleep the rest of the time.

When I woke up again I had twenty minutes to get down to Crosswell. I let out a sigh. three on some khaki shorts, a white v-neck and black converse. I left my hair down but kept a hair tie around my wrist just in case.
I then nodded Wren adieu seeming I "woke her up with all my noise" and left. I wasn't prepared to be pressed up against the wall. I stare at Callum's blue eyes and gulp.

"You weren't there, I thought something happened to you." He said, sighing.

"I-I was going to text you. I have to get to Crosswell." I shifted against the wall.

"Why didn't you wake me." He leaned back on his crutches.

"You were so peaceful. I didn't want to disturb you." I reply.

"Amelia." He sighs. "Things...do you even want to be in this relationship?" He looks at me with a saddened look.

"What?! Yes of course I want-"

"Don't lie to me." He cuts me off sharply and I close my mouth. "I saw your phone, Bryn was texting you. Texting you things ex-boyfriends should not be saying." He shifts slightly.

"I-I can-"

"Are you only with me because of this baby?" He asks, running his fingers down his face.

"No of course not!" I exclaim. "Callum I truly lo-"

"Then prove it!" He snaps. "Prove to me that you aren't forcing yourself to be with me." He frowns and I felt tears fall down my face.

"Callum I can't do that." I reply.

"Why not?" He asks.

"Because I don know how."

"You know I didn't expect us to be together forever, or even have a kid together. I just wanted a chance-"

"And I gave you one!"

"No you gave me a chance because you're pregnant with my child, not because you truly have feelings for me. It's quite obvious who you really want and that's not me."

"Callum I-"

"I'll still be there for our kid but as far as I relationship goes..." He trails off and he doesn't need to continue for me to understand.

He leans in to give me a kiss on the cheek before sighing. "Ciao bella." He whispers in my ear and I let out a sob.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • || • ||

I should feel more hurt. I should feel upset. I should be crying. I should be trying to get him back. I should feel like my heart was ripping out of my chest slowly but I didn't. I was perfectly fine.
I lurched forward slightly as arms wrapped around my waist tightly and pulled me into a nice warm frame.

"Ready for our zoo date Ms. Fosters?" Bryn muttered in my ear and I gave smiles to the little kids staring at us in confusion.

"Yes, and no, just give me two seconds." I unwound his arms from around me and finished placing the bracelets on the kids.