|| • Chapter 1 • ||

|| • Chapter 1 • ||

There was a trumpet. Why is there a trumpet you ask? Because it was my roommate's, Wren, alarm clock. She had class this morning, I didn't. Yet I'm still waking up at 6:49 in the morning because she sleeps through her stupid trumpet alarm.

I've come to terms that smothering my face with a a pillow doesn't block out the sound. So I grab the pillow I keep under my bed and slide out of my bed. I walk over to her and climb in her bed. I straddle her between my legs and shove my pillow in her face.

I remind you I'm not a morning person and in this particular state I'm half asleep, so I'm perfectly fine with smothering her face.

It wasn't until she starts screaming and flailing around do I remove the pillow and climb out the bed.

"Wake up next time!" I shout at her and shove the pillow back under my bed and sliding in it.

I toss my covers back over me and snuggled into my pillow that still clung to the faint scent of Bryn. He visited me last weekend and we spent the time cuddling in my bed and watching movies on Netflix. When he left I was in class but he left a cute little note and I've slept with his pillow ever since. It was meant to only have him sleep on it but he smelled to darn good not to.

I groan when Wren turns on the light. This was the down side of sharing a room with a roommate who's class schedule wasn't the same.

I had one class today and work luckily I didn't have my student teacher today. Thank the great Jesus himself for Sundays.

"You're phone's ringing." Wren says as she manages throwing her blonde hair into a ponytail.

"Meh." I reach behind me and grab my phone.

I pluck it off the charger and slide the screen over. Once it was answered I placed it to my ear.

"Wakey, wakey I'm taking you to breakfast." Callum says in a sing song voice.

"Callie I'm not in the-"

"Amerilla, you're going, end of discussion." He cuts me off.

"I hate that nickname." I huff, throwing the covers off me once again.

"And I hate the nickname Callie so we're even." He chuckles and I groan walking over to the mirror.

My bangs were disarray on my face. I decided to restyle my hair a bunch over the course of three years. I cut it shorter and I cried everyday until it grew out. I then re-cut it so I could have Chinese bangs and it worked.

Nowadays my hair was either thrown into a high ponytail or a bow. Everybody thought I was just the cutest thing and I hated it but I loved my bangs.

I was twenty-two years old for crying out loud, not a two year old blowing spit bubbles.

"Amerilla?" Callum asked when I hadn't answered his question, seeming I was fixing my bangs.

"Callie." I reply, leaning back from the mirror and turning to face my bed.

"Be ready in ten." He says.

"But-"

"Be ready in ten." He repeats as hangs up the phone before I could tell him Wren had already occupied the shower and wouldn't be out before he got here.

|| • || • || • || • || • ||

"I said be ready, not come out in looney tune pajama pants. a cotton candy pink camisole and a red jacket." Callum laughed as I exited my dorm room in my pajamas.