|| • Chapter 9 • ||

|| • Chapter 9 • ||

I didn't lock up tonight. I couldn't. I refused to. After begging Mack to lock up in my place I quickly made it home. Every now and then my eyes would tear up. I blamed it on the wind every time, until I was in a building. Then I had no choice but to except the fact I was fighting the tears.

When I made it to my dorm I was in the mix of wiping away tears when I spotted Callum sitting in the way of my door.

"W-what are you doing?" I sniffed.

He struggled with standing up and he looked nice in his blue flannel shirt, grey v-neck and black skinnies. His style was so different from Bryns. Bryn stuck to blazer and jersey, with the occasional v-neck. Callum was all flannel, v-necks and hoodies.

"I was waiting for you to get back." He states. "I was wrong for saying the things that I did, it wasn't my place to-"

"You were right." I cut him off, wiping the wetness away from under my eye. "Bryn and I aren't a thing anymore. He's moved on to some strawberry blonde." I sniffed. "And the worse part isn't the fact he didn't call or text and say we were over, it's the fact he pretended to not know who I was." I let out a hurt laugh.

"How do you know this?" Callum tilted my head up so I was looking at him and not the floor.

"He was at the diner with her. He basically shoved how happy he was with her in my face." I felt the tears stream down my face.

A silence pass over us and I take the time to stop my crying and pull myself together once again.

"I guess right now isn't the best time to ask you out on a date then?" He holds up the fake flower bouquet he had been holding this whole time.

"Y-you were going to ask me out?" I sniff and stare at him.

"Well yeah." He smiles. "I wasn't messing around when I said I've had, and still do, have a crush on you. We've been friends for a while now and feel like we have a nice chemistry here. I want to see where it goes." He runs his tongue along his bottom lip.

"I think you should go home." I say somberly.

"Amelia I-"

"Callum I just got subtly dumped ok? Right now is not the time for me to be thinking about another relationship." I cut him off and I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"If you ever change you're mind, you know where to find me." He mutters softly and leans down to plant a kiss on my cheek.

|| • || • || • || • || • ||

I try and fall asleep but my mind was racing. I couldn't stop thinking of the encounter with Bryn at the diner. Before he left, while he was paying, he looked sorry for me. Well not sorry for me it was like he could feel my pain himself.

It was probably because I was a complete mess whenever I served him and if his memory of me was really gone he probably thought I was crying because I was around a happy couple. That totally wasn't the case.

My eyes was also running with thoughts of the blonde.

Who was she? When did they get together? How long were they together? Had he cheated on me with her? Was she the one who constantly called him when he was over? How did they meet? Did he call her kleine Blume now or was that name strictly reserved for me only?

My phone started to ring and my heart rate spiked. I half expected it to be Bryn but when I checked I saw it was only Hillary.

"Hello?" I ask once I had answered.