|| • Epilogue • ||

|| • Epilogue • ||

I sit in the sand and let the wind blow my hair off my shoulders. The tide rushes up multiple times and wets my feet and my butt. The sun is setting just behind the horizon and it looks breath takingly beautiful. I suck in a deep breath as another rush of sadness flows through me.

I haven't been to work in the past week. Everyday I call in sick and they don't bother to ask why. It was a good and bad thing. I wanted them to know I was serious about my job and wouldn't eventually call in one day to quit.

I also haven't spoken in days. So when I said I called in sick Bryn called in for me and told them I wasn't coming to work.

I look up as I felt a presence behind me. It was Bryn, he fixed his shirt and sat down next to me in the sand.

"You ok?" He ask me and I sigh shaking my head. "Wanna talk about it?" He wraps his arms around my shoulder.

"What's there to talk about?" I ask, my voice sounding as broken as I feel. "She's gone."

"I know but what you're doing right now is not healthy." He wraps his arms around my shoulders. "You're twenty two years old. We don't have to have a child right now Amelia." He presses his forehead against the side it my head.

"Why do you care?" I look at him, my words sounding harsher than I intended. "She wasn't yours to begin with."

"That's true but you're my wife, I care about you." He takes my hand and kisses the diamond in my finger. "Even though she wasn't mine I wouldn't have treated her any differently than if she was mine." He rubs the skin on the back of my hand with his thumb.

I fall into a silence and face the ocean again. And for the first time since I've given birth I felt the tears I've been holding back for so long fall down my face. He quickly pulls me into his lap and wraps his arms around me tightly.

Sob after sob rolls out me like the waves onto the shore. I cry into his shirt until I can no longer cry. But the pain was still there. It was fresh raw like I've been told I lost my baby girl all over again.

"I love you." I look up from his chest and he stills his breathing.

The words felt natural on my lips. They weren't forced like the many times I've tried before. They flowed freely and I even then I felt as if they didn't quite measure up to their meaning.

No amount of words can describe what I feel for this man.

"I love you too Amelia Grace Way." He pulls me in closer and kisses the top of my head.

I smile and rest my head on his shoulder.

I wasn't sure when I'd be ready to try for another kid again. I wasn't ready to go through another still birth if I did. Maybe we could adopt. Who's to say we needed to have our own kids. There were so many children out there without homes.

"Can I show you something?" He asks and I look back up at him.

"What?"

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone. He scrolls through his pictures until he comes across a little girl. I gasps and take his phone and stare at the picture.

She had long jet black hair and bright blue doe eyes. She had tan skin and plump pink lips.

"She's beautiful." I smile, rubbing my fingers along the screen.

"Her name's Camilla." He whispers in my ear.

"Camilla." I smile.

"She's yours." He continues.