24-

Everything had gone exactly like they had planned. Exactly. Word to word. Then how did this end up happening?

Sasuke ran through the thick smoke, letting it prickle his eyes.

He didn't care what happened to him right now. All he wanted to do right now was get to Hinata.

He was suddenly met with a pair of bright pink eyes. He quickly avoided the man and slammed him into the ground.

Where was she?

The panic inside him increased a thousand times when he heard a loud piercing scream cut through the air.

He immediately ran in that direction, letting the adrenaline guide him.

When he arrived at the scene, rage bubbled inside him.

Hinata was tail to a pole in an uncomfortable angle while a few guys and girls surrounded her. All of them had some sort of weapon in their hand and big smirks on their faces.

The smoke finally cleared enough for Sasuke to see without the need to use his sharingan.

"Hinata..." he whispered with wide eyes.

She had cuts on her cheeks that were bleeding. Just seeing that made his blood boil.

From the corner of his eyes, he spotted one of the girls raising a metal pole in Hinatas direction

Before Sasuke had the chance to react, a bright blue light filled the room and when it dissapeared, a lion stood infront of Hinata.

It's powerful roar was enough to send most of them scurrying away, but there were a few of them who stayed still.

"Ahh... so the almighty lion summon finally makes its appearance after more than a decade, huh? And with this puny girl? What a shame. Why don't you come with me? I'm way more powerful than her anyways." One of the guys said with a smirk on his face.

Zeus roared again, circling the guy.

"Don't be like that. I promise you'll have a much better time with someone as powerful as me. Hinata Hyuga is nothing but a wannabe princess. And I don't see that stupid Uchiha anywhere either. So let's make a deal. You come with me and I leave the Hyuga alone. And if that Uchiha doesn't cross paths with me, then I guess I'll leave him alone too. How does that sound?"

"Daisuke, I think you're going a bit overboard." The other guy who hadn't backed down said nervously, taking a step back. He could see that the look in the lions eyes wasn't something light. He was about to explode.

"Shut it Aito. You don't know anything. I bet by this time tomorrow I'll have him as my summon." Daisuke threw his head back and laughed. A very laugh.

Just then, Sasuke decided that he had had enough. He ran forward with a speed faster than than he had ever ran.

He wasn't even a blur. He was faster than that. He couldn't even be seen.

In less than two seconds, he had crossed the room and had a dagger pressed to both of the guys necks.

"Say one more word and I'll slit your throat right here." He whispered in a dangerously low voice.

The dark energy radiating off of him was stronger than anything.

"What the- Uchiha!"

"Shut the hell up and do as I say. Untie Hinata right now, gather your little friends and get your leader to come to me before I kill all of you." The guy, Aito, was free from Sasukes dangerously tight grip.

He untied Hinata and ran off to his leader, not even collecting his friends. They followed after him and ran off to who knows where.

Daisuke was still in Sasukes grasp, and he could feel his skin come in contact with the dagger everytime he gulped.

"Now tell me. What is your motive?" Sasuke was talking to him, but his eyes were on Zeus, who had transformed into his human form and was taking care of Hinata.

"I- I don't know! The boss didn't say anything. He just said to bomb the city and that's it! He said to return to the base after that and that he would finish things off.

"Is your boss the same serial killer that we're looking for?"

"Yes."

That was all Sasuke needed to know. He knocked him out cold with a punch, letting his body fall to the ground as he ran to Hinata.

"Are you ok?" He placed a hand on her bleeding cheek, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"I'm fine. There were too many of them and they jumped me at once. I guess I still have to become stronger."

Hinata had long outgrown the once childish, crybaby, clumsy, self deprecating and weak girl she once was, but those were her roots and there would always be traces of that Hinata left in her.

And that Hinata tried to jump out every time Hinata let down her protective barrier.

She had to constantly make sure she lived up to everyone's expectations and not be a little baby anymore, but it was hard for her.

Sure she had gotten better, but it needed more work.

So now, as she tried to smile through the pain, the tears shining in her eyes were a dead giveaway of her true feelings.

Sasuke didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to handle these types of situations. He had never encountered one like this, and the awkwardness he felt could be spotted from a mile away.

Out of gut feeling, he hugged her; tight and close.

"It's not your fault. And you're strong. It's just like you said, there were too many and they attacked you all at once. I would be in the same position as you if we hadn't been separated." He said soothingly, or he tried to atleast.

He was still working on getting his emotions out correctly.

Hinata sniffed and pulled back. "Thank you for that. I needed it." She smiled.

Her smile was the most valuable things in the world for Sasuke. In just a few months she had been able to capture his heart and make him feel things he had never even come close to experiencing.

His heart skipped a beat at the pretty image she made. Her nose and cheeks were red, and her eyes glassy from her tears. Her glossy lips looked so soft and kissable.

If they weren't in this dire situation right now, he could have kissed her so hard her lips would be swollen by the time he was done with her.

But they were in a very critical situation and this was no time for having such thoughts.

His raven haired head snapped towards the door when he sensed a powerful chakra coming towards them.

"Ah, so you're the renowned Sasuke Uchiha. I see you've brought you little friend with you. Hinata Hyuga, was it? I've heard about your beauty from many people, and I can say, they weren't wrong. But they defenatly did your beauty wrong. You are so much more beautiful in real life."

A man with orange hair and calming, blue eyes entered the room along with Aito.

"Of course, the last time I saw you I was crushing your hand and you were bleeding. Now I get how you are still alive. That damn lion summon of yours." He sneered.

Sasuke and Hinata got up in a defensive position, ready to take whatever he threw at them.

"What do you want from us? And why have you been murdering innocent people?" Hinata questioned, a steel hard look in her eyes.

"Oh you know, things, I suppose you wouldn't mind if I added you to the list too, hm?"