12

Hinata sat on top of a large stone. She had a red scarf in her hand that she was knitting.

She was such a bad sister. She was knitting instead of finding Hanabi.

But what could she do? Their team had been searching for a lead for so long in that town, but there was nothing.

There was nothing in the town.

Who was Hinata knitting this scarf for?

Was it for herself? No...

Was it for Sasuke? No...

Sakura?

Shikamaru?

Sai?

Naruto! Defiantly Naruto then!

No?

No.

It wasn't for anyone, so why was she wasting precious time?

Hinata got up, frustrated with herself.

Her hand suddenly burst into crazy blue flames, engulfing the red scarf, burning it till no trace if it was left.

"Why did you that Hina?" Hinata recognized that voice. She would recognize it anywhere.

Her heart suddenly fluttered in her chest.

"I-I just felt l-like it." She stuttered out, suddenly nervous.

"But it was beautiful, just like you." Naruto smiled gently.

Hinata blushed deeply from head to toe.

"Hinata, I have something to tell you." Naruto came forward and looked Hinata right into her eyes.

"Wha-what is it?"

"I love you Hinata. You are a wonderful person and I really admire your bravery." Naruto rubbed the back of his neck.

"W-what did you say?!" Hinata was about to faint. Or she thought so anyway.

"That you are a wonderful person and I admire your bravery?"

"Before that..." Hinata breathed out. This was all too much for her.

"I love you Hinata Hyuga. I have for a while. I was so stupid for not noticing you before. That day when you saved me from Pain, I realized just how brave you really were, and still are." Naruto took another step towards the Hyuga.

Hinata looked around herself. Was this really happening?

Last time Naruto had confessed to her, he was drunk. This time, she was pretty sure he was as sober as possible.

"Y-you really l-love m-m-me?" Was it even possible for someone to love Hinata Hyuga?

The byakugan monster? The shy, timid, creepy girl who had no self-confidence or a backbone?

"My, my. Am I interrupting something? Well, I could care less. I'm back for you Hime. Come with me and I'll take you to your sister." The dreaded voice Hinata and Naruto had come to hate interrupted the moment.

Toneri was standing on a floating platform.

The light from Hinata's shiny eyes disappeared in a flash.

"I'm coming with you." Hinata took a step forward, just for a familiar body to hug her from behind, stopping her in her tracks.

"Sasuke-kun, let me go." Hinata smiled slightly.

"I should have known you would slip away. Why did you do that Hinata?" Sasuke murmured looking down over her.

"Sasuke-kun..." Hinata turned around in the embrace.