1

I saw it all happen.

Him getting down on one knee in the middle of the street, attracting many stares. Him pulling out a shiny green ring made specifically with her in mind, him raising it to her 

She gasped, her hand flying to her mouth and her eyes widening.

"I've been dating you for a long time, but every time I see you, I fall for you all over again. My heart beats faster and blood rushes to my face every time you smile at me or even look at me. I can't explain the effect you have on me. We've been through our toughest and the best times together, supporting each other in the worst, and celebrating together in the best. You never cease to amaze me with your beauty. You are the cherry blossom that gives me life, so Sakura Haruno, will you marry me?"

"YES!!!" Sakura jumped into Naruto's arms. They shared a sweet kiss and people started congratulating them.

I went over to them and congratulated them too. I hugged both of them and backed away, giving them my best fake smile.

It's not like I don't want to be happy for them, I do, but it's hard. It's hard seeing the person who changed you, the person you love with all your heart propose to the girl you call your best friend.

I walked to a dark alley to release my sorrow when I was hit by a sudden urge. I decided to not act on it yet. It was too impulsive.

So, I waited a few days. I tried to move on like I had been for the better part of my life, but the pain my heart was in was too much. I didn't like it. my brain felt like blowing up, it felt like I couldn't breathe. 

every time I left my house, I saw Naruto and Sakura in some corner, looking happy, cuddling with each other, being romantic.

I felt a sudden wave of sadness hit me in the face like a sharp slap. that's when i decided that it was better for me to act my contained impulse.

I ran to the Hokage's office with blurry eyes.

"Can I please leave the village to travel on my own for some time? Please?" I all but begged. I needed to get out of here fast.

"I can Hinata, but I need a reason first." Kakashi-sensei, the sixth Hokage, said.

"I need some time away to think things through. I have suppressed feelings that I want to let out but not here..." I partially told him the truth.

"Tell me the real reason Hinata, or else I can't let you go. You are one of the best ninjas this village has to offer. Don't worry, I won't tell others." He assured me.

"I saw Naruto propose to Sakura today and I can't take it. It may sound stupid but I need to get out of here. There are just too many memories all around me." I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Very well then, you can roam around until you need to, but I will need a message from you each 3 months telling me where you are and might be heading to next. If I do not get your letters, you will be regarded as a rogue ninja and people will come to get you." He warned. 

I thanked him profusely and left the office.

When was in my room, I sealed my clothes in a scroll, doing the same with my toiletries, ninja tools, and some other things I might need during this time alone, including the picture of Neji-Nii-san and myself.

I miss him so, so much.

Tears fell out of my eyes and I wiped them away. I did a hand sign and in a puff of smoke, all the items were sealed in their respective colored scroll.

I put them all in a bag and then left the bag in my room.

I walked to my father's room and knocked, waiting for him to allow me in.