23-

"Here you go." A smooth voice said to the woman infront of him.

"Thanks." Hinata shyly said, feeling the warmth of Sasukes hand on her lower back.

"I hope everything works out tomorrow." Sasuke muttered from where he was laying beside Hinata on the green grass after handing her a blanket.

"Me too. If things go according to plan then we should be done in less than two hours." Hinata blew out air.

"Mhm. Now get some sleep." Sasuke said in a firm voice when he noticed her eyes drooping and her trying to smother a yawn.

"Goodnight." Hinata mumbled sleepily and turned to her side, coincidently the side where Sasuke was laying at.

In just a few minuits, she was out like a light, but the dark haired man she was laying infront of wasn't.

Sasuke stared with love with eyes at Hinata, letting a smile creep up his lips.

She had somehow changed him.

Yeah, he was still the stoic, calculating man that he had become over the years, but he had changed.

Where once he would work relentlessly, he would now give himself short breaks. Where once he beated himself up for every small, unimportant mistake, now he learned to forgive himself. Where once he had thought negatively all the time, now he was learning to think positively. Where once the only expression he knew was a frown and a smirk, now he knew how to smile and laugh.

Where once he had thought he had forgotten how to love, here she was, teaching him love all over again.

Sasukes life had changed for the better over the past months that was coming close to a year.

She had taught him small things that wouldn't seem very important and useful at first, but that every human knew, except Sasuke.

Compassion, love, laughter, empathy; these things filled his life again after she thought him how to live again.

Now that he looked at her peaceful face, he felt a sudden load of emotions weigh him down.

He loved her.

He loved so, so much. He had never noticed the shy Hyuga girl when they were children, except for the times where she was put into spotlight.

Amazing how everything could change with one decision made by someone else.

Sasuke brushed the stray strands of hair that had fallen on her face back behind her hair and caressed her cheek.

"I love you Hinata." He whispered and leaned over slightly to kiss her petal soft lips lightly.

She became his remedy.

Hinata woke up the next morning feeling more refreshed than ever.

She lazily laid on the grass for just a big more, but then soon realised that someone was snuggling with her.

After quickly reading the chakra, she was relieved to find out that it was only Sasuke.

Oh, Sasuke.

Her face immediately went as red as the red cherries growing on the bushes on the forest.

Sasuke was cuddling with her!

A shy smile curved up her lips and she felt content, but she knew they had to get up right now.

With her whole mood slightly ruined, she removed his arm from her waist and backed away.

His black hair was covering his face, but the end of his hair was still standing high.

"Wake up." She whispered softly near his ear and started shaking him lightly.

Sauske was an alert person and not being used to sleeping alot, he woke up easily.

"Good morning." He said with slightly sleep filled eyes. He shook his head to center himself on the task at hand.

"Are you guys ready?" Zeus's tenor voice interrupted the two.

"Yeah, almost. I have to eat something first though." Hinata added shyly when she felt her stomach rumble, thank god it didn't make any sound.

"Ah, I was just about to get to that. These are for you." Zeus chuckled before two plates of food materialized in his hands out of nowhere.

He put one infront of Hinata and one infront of Sasuke.

"Dig in." He laughed when Hinata started slowly but then almost choked because of how fast she started going.

"I know I said dig in, but not fast enough to choke." The blue haired man commented.

"Maybe I liked it." Hinata said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"What did you say?" Sasuke asked, not being able to catch what his girlfriend had said.

"Nothing!" She squeaked and continued eating, red in the face.

The two boys looked at each other in confusion before deciding to let it go with a shrug.

Just a few minuits later, the couple were ready to launch their attack.

In the past few days, they had located the base of operation of the attack ker and how many people they had with them.

10 people, plus the leader. They had the base stocked with destructive machines and weapons. Bombs, guns, knifes, daggers, shuriken, you name it.

That was what they had to be careful of.

"Let's get this thing over with." Hinata said, taking in a deep breath as Zeus teleported them outside of the The moonlit paradise.

Zeus decided to stay back at The moonlit paradise to conserve his chakra and not have Hinata use her chakra to support him, so her and Sasuke ran through the forest surrounding the closest thing to paradise on earth.

"Man, I'm gonna have to ask Tsunade to make me a prosthetic arm. Life is hard without one arm." Sasuke groaned on the way when he suddenly had his only hand full with a branch but then his cape started falling.

"I'm sure she can make you one like she did for Naruto. But she's sure to be angry first. She'll rant about you not accepting her help before and probably make you her slave for an entire month before making you one." Hinata giggled, blowing Tsunades temper over the top to scare Sasuke.

"Ugh. With our history, I think I'll have to be her slave for a few years before she even considers making me one." Saduke groaned.

Then the two sobered when the enemies base came into view.

Their banter stopped and the smiles on their faces dissapeared completely and the ninjas inside them jumped out.