5

"What are we now Hinata?"

"I don't know. What do you want us to be?" Hinata asked Sasuke.

They had come back from the training ground right after the kiss, both had a shower and were now, after dinner, sitting in the living room.

"I- I don't know. My thoughts, emotions or feelings are not clear." Sasuke was very confused by his actions. He had never been so comfortable or had felt so happy with someone other than his team and now, Hinata.

He felt complete whenever they talked or Hinata just smiled at him.

"I think we should go to bed." They got up and went to the bedroom.

Hinata went to the bathroom first and changed into a pair of cotton shorts and a t-shirt.

Just as she came out, Sasuke's hand grabbed her arm and pulled her in a kiss.

"Ah!" Hinata's moaned when he bit her lips.

"I- I'm sorry." Sasuke got off of her and apologized.

Hinata was still very confused and nervous. She was just quiet and it worried Sasuke, and nit many things worried him.

Sasuke took a pillow and blanket and went to sleep on the floor. Hinata climbed in the bed and closed her eyes, trying to sleep.

What just happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning was very awkward, kind of like the morning and days after the shower incident.

It was a silent agreement, no one talked about it and it was probably better that way.

"We'll be travelling to the land of waves. We'll go through Konoha because I haven't been there in a while and you can go back and settle down there again if you want to." Sasuke said as he ate his breakfast.

"I'm not going to settle down again. My mind is not clear yet." It's worse than before. Hinata wanted to add but continued in her head.

After breakfast, they went to the kazekages office to say bye to Gaara.

"We'll be going now Gaara. We had a nice stay here. I hope we see you again." Hinata smiled at Gaara.

Gaara grabbed one of Hinata's hand and kissed it. "The pleasure was all mine, and i do hope to see you again Hinata." He smirked slightly.

Jealousy was burning inside Sasuke as he saw what Gaara had done and when his hand was still on Hinata's.

"Okay, we'll be going now. Goodbye Gaara." Sasuke took Hinatas hand and lead her away with a scowl on his face.

It was an awkward two-day journey before Konoha was in sight. They were only a few kilometers away from the main gate when Sasuke gripped Hinata's upper arm, stopping her from taking another step.

"Hinata, I would really appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone anything that happened between us." Sasuke pleaded embarrassedly.

"I won't Sasuke." Hinata flashed Sasuke a tight and slightly uncomfortable smile.

"Right." Sasuke chuckled. Hinata's heart leapt in her cheat at the deep sound that had left Sasuke.

"Wait, is that Sasuke Uchiha!? And Hinata Hyuga!? Go get Naruto, Kotetsu!" Izumo shoved his partner out of the booth as he waved at them. Hinata, being the polite girl she was, waved back.

"TEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

"Oh no." Sasuke backed away.

A blur of black and yellow tackled Sasuke to the ground before he could get out of the way.

"Where have you been!? It's been like, half a year already! You should visit more often!" The hyperactive blonde babbled on and on, an arm latched around his best friend's shoulder.

Hinata looked away from Naruto, he was the reason she left in the first place.

"Hinata-chan! Where have you been!? Why did you leave the village!? Sakura-Hime has been looking for you!" The 'Hime' after Sakura's name didn't go unnoticed by either of the two.

Hinatas gaze was hard and Sasuke's eyes were emotionless.

"I needed to go away for some time. Nothing else." Naruto excepted her lie easily and went to hug her.

Hinatas body was tense but Naruto didn't notice at all but Sasuke did and came to Hinata's rescue.

"Hinata and I need to see Kakashi-sensei." Sasuke pulled Hinata out of the hug and walked to the Hokages office.

"Thank you for getting me out of there." Hinata tucked a strand of hair out of her face and looked down with a blush.

Sasuke nodded but didn't say anything else.

Sasuke knocked at the Hokages office and opened the door when he heard a familiar voice call them in.

"Ah! Hello Sasuke, Hinata." He was leaning in his chair.

"I was waiting for both of your letters actually; good thing you guys came here in person." His mask crinkled, indicating that he was smiling under his mask.

"Sasuke-Kun!"

"Not her." Sasuke groaned and wiped his hand over his face.

~~~~

Sorry for the slightly crappy chapter, but the next one is gonna be good!

BYE!