13

"So beautiful. I want to know more about you Hinata." Toneri lifted a hand towards her unconscious form.

A green globe appeared in front of him, imagines of Naruto and Sasuke flashing by.

"Why are they in your thoughts?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Where am I?" I asked myself.

"Toneri's castle?" My eyes widened and I got off the bed.

I wandered around the halls, running from room to room until I came across the one Hanabi was in.

"Your eyes. He took them." I was shaking with anger and fear.

I was angry for what he had done to my sister but I was afraid of him because if he didn't hesitate to rip out a child's eyes, he wouldn't hesitate in doing things to other innocent people too.

He would do anything for Hamuras celestial degree.

(I'm sorry but I'm skipping the part where Hinata has a flashback of what Hamura's celestial degree is. Please watch The Last to figure it out if you don't know/remember! 😋)

Suddenly, I heard Toneri's voice coming from behind me. I turned around to see him looking right at me.

"good morning. I'm very happy that you now understand how I feel, Hinata," he said.

So, he thinks I'm going through with his plans? not even in a million years, even if he was the last man alive. But I need him to think that I'm on his side if I want to get out of here.

He led me outside, where I was greeted by many little puppets and one adult puppet.

"Welcome to the castle, lady Hinata." the puppet lady said and bowed down to me, the little puppets following a soon. It felt weird coming from them.

Even though I grew up with people giving me the title of "lady", the puppets saying it made me feel weird. It didn't feel right, it wasn't natural.

"Are there only puppets in this castle?" I asked Toneri as we walked down a flight of stairs being cleaned by male puppets.

•3rd person POV•

"they are marionettes left in this castle by our ancestors. since my father died when I was young, I've lived in this castle all alone with them," he explained.

For a second, for a split second, Hinata felt pity for him, but she quickly discarded the thought of it. If she wanted to escape and bring Hanabi out of this place alive, she needed to act like she was walking on spikes.

"We'll hold the wedding ceremony here. Then we will enter the room of rebirth, and fall in a deep slumber until the earth's environment stabilizes after it's destruction" Toneri lead her out of the castle and in front of a large building.

"that's impossible. the moon will also be destroyed, won't it?" she tried reasoning.

"Do not worry. This castle is protected by very powerful chakra."

"powerful chakra?" what kind of chakra would that be if it was capable of protecting a huge castle from the effects of the earth's destruction?

"that's right. One that is strong enough to move the moon." He continued.

"wha- what do you mean?" Hinata trailed behind Toneri, curious for answers.

"it's the power of the Otsutsuki treasure, honed by the suffering of my clan"

"And... where would that be?" she casually asked.

Toneri stopped where he was, images of Naruto and Sasuke, the ones he had seen in Hinata's dreams flashed through his eyes. "well that I cannot tell you."

Damn, I was so close. Hinata cursed.

"May I return to my chambers? it's cold out here," she asked in a stubborn manner.

"that's because its dusk here all year long." he started. He walked a few steps before stopping again. "oh, I almost forgot, will you knit me a scarf?"

Hinata was taken aback by the request, clearly seen by her response: "what?"

Toneri turned around, his blue eyes piercing through her. "knit a scarf."

when Hinata gave no response, he took her sad facial expression for an answer. "you won't?" he sounded like a kid whose parents had told him they wouldn't be able to play with him. he sounded disappointed.

Hinata took a deep breath and said: "if that's what you wish." she said with her eyes closed.

"Really? Thank you! it pleases me, Hinata." he sounded so happy. The fact that she would have to betray him, in the end, saddened her.

He suddenly covered his eyes with his hand, a scream of pain leaving him.

"what's wrong!?" Hinata moved forward towards him.

"nothing. don't worry. It's a sign that the byakugan is maturing into the Tenseigan. it will subside with a little rest" he looked at her again with those piercing blue eyes. her sister's eyes. he walked back inside the castle, his back turned on Hinata, unaware of the fact that Hinata was scanning the building with her eyes.

She saw the war scene from earlier. the man from the Otsutsuki army commanded the Tenseigan to activate, causing a bright beam of light to shoot out of the weapon, destroying the opposing army in one go.

Hinata found herself in a place she didn't really know.

tombs of fallen soldiers were replaced by their images, maybe a mere shadow, and amongst them, a man spoke to her.

"We are the descendants of Hamura. we belonged to the main family of the Otsutsuki clan. the side branch family annihilated every one of us after they misinterpreted Hamura's celestial decree. Toneri, the leader of the side branch family is now attempting to cause the moon to plummet the earth by implying the power of the tenseigan. Only you can destroy the tenseigan, Byakugan Princess. You are Earth's last remaining hope." the man explained.

Was this big responsibility really on her shoulders? why couldn't Naruto, Sasuke or Sakura be the one to do this?

The coward inside of her was starting to show, and she was letting it come out. she was scared. she had nobody at her side to do this. what if she failed? It would be all her fault then.

The soldiers suddenly parted and bowed down. the man in front of Hinata stepped aside, letting an older man in her view.

Her eyes met with a unique sight and a gasp left her.

"wait are you... Hamura Otsutsuki?"

the man in question simply nodded. "herem e byakugan princess. Do not allow the world that my older brother created come to an end."