8

"Hello, Hinata."

Hinata looked at him. His face was sad and his eyes dim, not like normal. His clothes were dishevelled and a bottle of sake was in his hand, though she could see with her byakugan that it was not even a cup empty.

"Hello Naruto, what are you doing here? And at this hour?" Hinata asked.

"Oh! I just wanted to see you, you know, an old friend." He drunkenly smiled.

"Come in." She took him into her room and got him a glass of water.

"Here, drink this." She shoved it into his hands.

"Thanks, Hina..." he smiled.

"Are you drunk!?" Hinata realized. He had been walking very weirdly now that she recalled.

"No, I'm not drunk. You know what? I'm single now..." a sinister laugh left him, sending chills down the Hyuga girls' spine.

"What do you mean single?" She asked.

"Sakura-chan~ dumped my ass. I was too stupid! I should have known she was plannin' somethin'!" He hit his head on the low table.

"Naruto! Stop!" Hinata laid him on the floor and put a pillow under his head.

"Why don't you call me Naruto-Kun now Hina? It makes my name sound sooo good. Your angelic voice is like music to my ears." He grinned.

If this would have been the Hinata from a few years or even a few months back, she would have been red from head to toe and would have fainted already, but it wasn't. She had changed.

"Naruto, you don't mean that. I'm sure you miss understood her. Why would she do this? You guys have been dating for a long time." She tried to reassure him.

"Nope! I have proof!" He whipped out a dainty ring that had a glistening emerald on top. Upon closer inspection, she found the letters NxS engraved in the ring in a cursive font.

"That belonged to her. But now it doesn't. I know! Do you want it Hinata-chan!? It can be a gift from me!" He looked excited.

"No Naruto, I don't want it. I think you should sleep." She put the ring on the table and ran a hand through Naruto's short hair.

Naruto grabbed her hand and didn't let go.

"Ya know Hina-chan, I was having so many dreams about Sakura-chan and I's wedding. But now, there is no Sakura-chan in my life so there would be no wedding." Tears were rolling down his cheeks.

Hinata was shocked, to say the least. She had never seen Naruto cry no matter what the situation, but he was crying because Sakura had broken up with him.

"And, and, I had already planned on what the name of our babies me! They would be sooooo cute! Don' cha' think Hina-chan!?" He had sparkles in his eyes. Hinata couldn't figure out whether they were more tears or if Naruto was passionate.

"They sure would have Naruto. Now get some rest." She got up to go get him another glass of water but Naruto grabbed her wrist and pulled her in his lap, nuzzling his face in her neck.

"Hinata-chan, is it true that you love me? Or was Sakura-chan joking?" His voice was low.

"I loved you Naruto. But no... I don't. Don't get me wrong, you are very sweet and kind, but you never noticed me. I never complained about it, but I was heartbroken when you and Sakura started dating. you even ignored my confessing. I confessed to you when Pain was attacking the village, but I guess you forgot. And when you proposed to her, I couldn't take it anymore and I left the village. I still like you Naruto, but only as a friend. I like someone else now." Hinata had somehow managed to escape Naruto's iron grip and sat in front of him, holding his clenched hands tightly.

Naruto suddenly pushed her down so that she was lying under him and he was on top of her.

"But I love you now Hinata-chan. We can be together! You should just leave this guy and come to me! I promise I'll love you!" He was smiling the whole time and pressed his lips to hers.

Hinata had dreamed of this moment lots and lots of times, but she didn't like it now.

She pushed him off of her thanks to the training she had been doing with Sasuke and walked out of the room.

"Naruto Uzumaki is in my room. Take him to a guest room and give him some medicine that will make him sleep. He is drunk so take care of him." Hinata curtly ordered a servant and went to the bathroom. She washed her face, brushed her teeth and returned to her room.

This time around, Naruto wasn't here. She spotted the shiny ring on the table and picked it up.

After thinking for a few minutes, she put it back and took out a little box from one of the drawers in her room.

She placed the ring inside and asked a servant which room Naruto was in. When she was at the room, she opened the door and peeked inside.

Naruto was laying on the bed, sleeping peacefully.

She tiptoed to the table and left the box with the ring inside, along with a note on the table. She stood in front of his bed and put a hand on his cheek.

"I'm sorry Naruto. I loved you my whole life, but my heart can't love you again. I just can't." She sadly said to his sleeping body.

Hinata leaned in a placed a kiss on his forehead and tiptoed out of the room again, careful to not make too much noise.

She laid in her bed once she was back in her room and tried to sleep, but the events of the night kept her awake.

Tears slipped out of her eyes. Maybe they were tears of frustration, maybe jealousy, or maybe they were just tears of sadness. Pure sadness.

One thought kept coming back to her mind even after she tried to push it away several times.

Why did Sakura break up with Naruto after dating him for such a long time?

But she couldn't find the answer no matter how much she thought about it.

Or why Naruto kissed her.

Or why she liked it when she thought she loved someone else now.