18

"Good boy~!" Hinata grinned and patted the ball of fluff.

While on their way to the country of lightning, the pair had encountered a white dog.

"Aw..." Hinata wanted to cry at the cuteness of the little puppy as it licked her hand.

"Oh god... can we get going? I don't want to keep wasting time." Sasuke groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Just a few more minutes!" She said without even looking at him, letting the puppy lick her all over.

Suddenly, a kunai was headed straight for Hinata and the puppy.

Sasuke immediately ran towards it and caught it before it could hit either of them.

"What the hell!?" Hinata was now standing straight, the puppy still in her arms.

"We're under attack. Get your act together." Sasuke instructed calmly.

Hinata nodded, her byakugan activated.

"Over there!" She pointed at a tree a little distance away from them.

Sasuke was gone in a flash, coming back with two fully grown men dragging behind him just minutes later.

The puppy jumped out of Hinata's grasp and skipped over to one of the men.

"So, they're from the Sound?" Hinata said as she inspected their Hitai-ate.

"Looks like it. And they used the puppy as a distraction. It's theirs." He told her.

"Hm... I was wondering why a puppy was in the middle of a forest."

"Come on. We're leaving." Sasuke turned around and started walking.

"O-ok. Bye puppy." Hinata sadly said, waving her hand at the puppy, who barked in response.

Sasuke and Hinata stopped shortly to eat something.

"Here." Hinata offered her bento to him.

He never packed any food with him, saying that he was fine and he would just pick some berries from the forest, but Hinata could see how tired he looked sometimes.

"I'm fine." He rolled his eyes.

"No, you're not. Now eat. I'll be right back." She left the bento in front of him and walked away with her bag in her hand.

From a tree plenty of distance away, Hinata activated her byakugan to spy on Sasuke.

She saw Sasuke eyeing at the food, debating whether it would be a good idea to eat or starve himself.

He finally gave in and took a bite out of the rice. He continued eating and when Hinata was sure he wouldn't stop until he was finished, she jumped down from the tree and unzipped her bag.

She took out a t-shirt and some high waisted shorts. She was burning up in her current clothes which were made of thick material.

She found a tall bush where she could change. Before she could, she checked out the surrounding area before actually changing.

"Argh! Finally!" She quietly moaned when she felt the lightweight shirt on her body.

She put her hair up in a ponytail and was ready to go.

Hinata walked back to Sasuke, who was halfway finished with his meal.

"Did you change?" He looked up at her, a bite of rice still in his mouth.

"Yeah. It was too hot." She fanned herself with her hand.

"hm..." he hummed before going back to eating the food. Hinata sat down beside him and ate her food, her stomach practically begging for a bite.

Once thy were done, they continued on their way to the country of lightning.

Sasuke and Hinata sat in front of a beautiful waterfall.

They had been travelling all day and decided to rest for a while.

Hinata sat with her feet in the water while Sasuke was sitting in the same position a few inches away from her.

Hinata moved her hand slightly, her fingers brushing his. She let them rest on top of his, waiting for a reaction from him.

She was surprised when he entangled his fingers with her.

He moved closer to her so they were sitting right next to each other.

Hinata shyly glanced at him but immediately turned her head away from him when she saw that he was already looking at her.

Her heart was racing and butterflies tickled the inside her stomach.

She turned towards him with determination shining in her eyes.

She had wasted too much time confessing her love to the first person. She wouldn't be stupid enough to repeat that mistake.

"Sasuke... I have something to tell you." She tugged on his arm.

"I l-love you..." she looked down, letting her bangs covering her eyes.

A pair of soft lips were on hers the next minute, with one hand cupping her face while the other one was still entangled with hers.

She leaned in without any hesitation, kissing him back.

A giggle left her suddenly. She was so happy. So, so happy, she could cry.

Sasuke broke the kiss for a moment, the lack of air getting to both of them.

He leaned his forehead against hers, their breath mixing with each other.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to do that?" He pecked her lips.

"I don't. But... you can make up for all that time now." She smirked mischievously.

"Stop it." He felt a blush rise up his body.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She looked inocently as she licked her already wet lips.

"Damnit!" He growled before smashing his lips on Hinatas again like she was a piece of meat ready to be eaten.

Hinata let out a squeal as she felt herself laying on the ground completely with Sasuke above her.

"Stop!" She squealed in between kisses but kissed him back.

"I love you Hinata." He whispered, stroking her cheek.

His breath tickled her cheek and neck, raising goosebumps all over her body. Hinata paused for a minute to relish his words.

It was the first time a boy had told her he had loved her. Genuinely and sober.

"Hm... we better hurry up and get going now. We are still on a mission. Or did you forget that?" She winked at him before turning around and walking away.

"Why do I even like you?" He sighed but got up to follow her, a small smile on his face.