18 - missing

After a couple hours of listening to music, eating, napping, and talking to Hunter, we land. It is only 1:43 PM yet I feel extra tired. I guess this is what jet lag is.

Hunter stands up to stretch his legs. He slept through most of the flight, spending little time to tease me. I smile at him.

"You look relieved," He comments.

"Let's get out of this tin can, please," I follow him off of the plane with the rest of my foster family.

Jessie yawns and look at Luke with gentle eyes. He looks as if he just woke up. Whining softly, he rubs at his eyes and asks him mom for food and the bathroom.

"Collin, can you take Luke to the bathroom while we get the luggage? The rented car-"

"Why can't he just go on his own?" Collin sneers, staring at his baby brother.

Luke frowns at him.

"Because he is young, Collin. Seriously? We are going to do this right now?" She sighs tiredly.

Collin rolls his eyes, "Last time I checked he is perfectly capable of using the bathroom on his own."

"Collin, please?" Jessie looks at him exasperatedly.

Collin mutters something under his breath, grabbing Luke by the elbow and dragging him to the bathroom. Remy gives Jessie a look, but her return screams, "Don't you say anything."

They head in the direction of the pick up for bags, Eli follows, leaving me and Hunter alone. I frown angrily. Why did Collin think it was ok to talk to the sweetest mother in the world that way?

"What I his fucking problem?" I manage with my face set in stone.

Hunter sighs and grabs my hand, spying a corner near and exit and pulling me there. I look at him but before he can kiss me, I continue.

"Seriously, all she asked was for some help. Why is he such an asshole?"

Hunter wraps his arms around my waist, "Ever since Dad got laid off and Mom said they were bringing you home," He kisses my forehead, "He has been acting this way."

"Remy was laid off?" My eyes bulge a bit from shock.

Hunter nods and draws circles on my hip bones.

"For two months now, he is a construction worker in the city, so it is hard to believe that they were overemployed. Is that even a thing?" Hunter asks with a tilt of his head.

"I have never heard of overemplyment. That's weird to me."

Hunter smiles, "It's fine though because my mom is making money until he is called back."

If he is called back.

"I don't understand what I do to make Collin dislike. Surely there has to be a reason since he despises me," I wrap my thin arms around his neck.

"Collin despises everyone who isn't his girlfriend. That is just how he is," Hunter smiles at me, "Collin is an asshole."

I try to let the words just sink in and be fact, but doubt circulates throughout my being.

While I worry, Hunter leans forward and whispers quietly, "Why talk about this sad stuff anyway? Look, we are in a corner... Alone for the first time in what feels like forever-"

"-A day is not forever."

He continues over me, "Just shut up and let me kiss you."

So I do. I slowly start to shut my eyes as Hunter moves closer to my face. His breath hits my lips and I can taste the fruity chapstick as I inhale. We shut our eyes and our lips brush together.