4 - allidiles

It was too easy getting Hunter to let me take his car. Everything is going to be perfect. I just need to be home before my foster parents wake up and everything will be fine.

"Where are we going?" The boy beside me breaks the silence.

I stay silent then decide to fuck with the radio. I am not in the mood to explain why I'm leaving in the middle of the night to a guy I barely know.

But you had no trouble asking for a ride.

Hunter tries again, "Where are we going?"

"A place."

"I deserve to know."

I roll my eyes, "I don't need to answer private questions."

Although I am driving his car, he has no business knowing about Travis.

"I need to-"

"Where were you tonight?" I decide to flip it onto him.

Seriously, all of the pointless questions were making me irritated. We have been in the car for fifteen minutes and somehow I already regret agreeing to him coming.

Long story short he doesn't answer.

"Exactly," I glance at the rearview mirror briefly, quickly signaling and turning right.

"Holy fuck slow down."

"You're one to preach about slowing down."

The sight of him pressed against the door and gripping the handle almost makes me laugh. Slowing down would have been smart for the turn, but it isn't like I am speeding.

About seven minutes later I park in front of the foster facility. I look at Hunter.

"You. Stay. Here," My hand runs through my hair as I switch the engine off and toss him the keys.

I stare at him a second too long, noticing how his jaw dips perfectly into an edge.

"I wasn't exactly planning on following you."

Giving him one last look, I shut the door and walk up the overgrown path. We never did the yard work when we were asked. Truthfully we all just fucked around. By the time it was dark we were needed to help cook dinner. Maybe someday I will swing by and get Ginni and Sunny to help police up the yard.

I stumble up the steps, quietly shifting around. We were always reminded of where the spare key was when I lived here. Under the bench swing cushion on the right, wedged in the tiny crevice of the wood.

I enter silently. Knowing all the creaks of the floor and how the door will make a loud noise if I don't shut it perfectly. I look around and notice nothing has changed. Not sure what I expected since I have only been gone for a day and a half.

Right about now Sunny should be binge playing some fantasy game he never gets to play during the day. So, I need to be extra quiet unless I want to owe him something ridiculous. Everyone else should be asleep except for Travis.

Dodging the creaky floorboards, toy trucks, and paint supplies, I finally make it to Travis's room which is right beside mine. Or rather the room that was mine.

I open the door, shutting it quietly before sneaking to his bed and sitting on top of him.

Travis of course has his head buried in his blankets, while the rest of his body is exposed. Black sweatpants wrap around his legs and reach up to his bellybutton. The rest of him is exposed.

"Travis," I whisper in his ear while kissing his shoulder blades.

He looks at me with puffy and sleepy eyes. Clearly he was napping before I arrived.