14 - talk about it

I stare at the ceiling above me, my earbuds playing Someone You Loved in my ears.

Yes I am the exact image of a teenager after a breakup. Desperate, ugly, and probably smelly. Not at my prime to put it lightly.

Thankfully everyone has left me alone. For the most part that is. I have been given enough time to let the hickies heal and to sulk in my room all weekend.

Tomorrow is Monday, which means another ride with Andréa. Any other teen my age is hanging out with friends, drinking, and doing something productive. I am putting my generation to shame truly.

Friends.

The only person I have really talked to at school is Andréa. Aside from the one girl in my art class with the rad pixie cut, I forgot her name, I'm a loner.

Maybe having friends will alleviate some of the weight on my shoulders. Boy drama is all I seem to worry about.

Hell I could be some girl's guy best friend. Never in my life will I stoop to the GBF. I'm more than my sexuality to people. Although I'm out and proud to the world, it doesn't mean they have to know.

Someone knocks on my door.

I ignore it.

Another knock.

Silence...

"I know you're in there Jaime," Eli calls and I release pent up fear.

The door opens then shuts again, revealing the short teen. Today she is wearing an Adidas shirt, sweatpants, and Nike Air Force high tops. What a trendy teen.

"Where are you of to? Taking Instagram photos?" I smirk and rip out my earbuds.

"Actually, I have come to peel you off of your bed," Eli rolls her eyes, "Seriously you haven't moved since Friday night. I know Hunter and you are going through something but damn. Even weeping damsels need some fresh air."

I squint at the small bully, "Uh huh. What exactly are you getting at?"

Eli smirks, "I need a favor."

"Of course, why else would you bug me while I'm drowning in self pity?"

"There is this... Girl. That I like," I blink at Eli, "She and I have a date at the arcade. Will you drive me? Her older brother will be there... And since you are ga-"

"You are not playing matchmaker for me."

"Right you have feelings for Hunter," She shoots finger guns at me.

My face burns, "That idiot? Never. Ever. Never. He is such a pain in the ass and-"

"Aren't they all? Gay sex is typically painful."

"Very, but not the point. He is my foster brother."

Eli blinks, "Maybe, but you guys are so into each other."

I raise an eyebrow then sit up, "I am not into anyone actually."

I stand up then tug my shirt over my head, grabbing clean clothes out of the drawers. Lord knows my clothes haven't left my body in two days. I know, it's gross but leave me alone.

"I will be out of the shower in 10. Get the keys and be in the car."

Eli salutes then says, "Jaime."

I turn around and tip my head to her, holding a pair of black skinny jeans and a brown jumper.

"Hunter has never smiled at anyone the way he smiles at you."