6 - saturday

The next morning I don't wake up to my alarm clock. In fact I wake up to the light shining through my window. Slowly I sit up, my back cracking a bit.

Saturday.

How did I not notice yesterday was Friday? Normally it would be the first thing I noticed about yesterday. Then again, I was extremely tired from going to see Travis the night before.

Majorly distracted would be an understatement.

I reach for my phone and try powering it on. I frown at the exclamation point on the screen. Did I not plug it in last night? I pout.

Suddenly, there is an abrupt knock on my door.

"Come in," I say huskily, clearing my throat.

Surprisingly it is Hunter who opens the door and yawns, rocking the shirtless bedhead look.

"Are you hungry?"

I stare at him for a minute. His hair falls into his eyes perfectly. Like golden strands covering up cool gems. Then there are his biceps...and his definitely there abs. Unlike Travis, Hunter is a bit buff. Not in an overly weird way, but like high school boy buff.

Maybe I am just a bit thirsty.

"Uh, yeah," I stretch and then get out of bed.

Shamelessly I am still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I glance at the mirror across the room and wince. Puffy eyes, tight face, knotted curls. I will never proudly and honestly say I woke up like this. Honestly, I'd rather lie and caption my insta post 'Just got mauled'.

Hunter chuckles, "Well, I am leaving in 10. I will meet you downstairs."

He pivots around and leaves while I glare at his back. Damn that stupidly good-looking guy. One thing I enjoy about Travis is that he isn't god-like. He is so human, which means he is just as ruffled as I am when he wakes up. It's comforting not having to worry about looks.

I scurry across the room, after I plug in my phone, and shut the door. I have major business to attend to. Breaking into my suitcase I grab my magical items and squeeze into the tiny bathroom.

First I start with brushing my teeth, washing and moisturizing my face, applying light sunscreen, then chapstick, and finally the hair.

I struggle to brush through the tight curls and somewhat fail. Thankfully, I brought detangler.

When I am done, I look like a cute Instagram worthy teen.  I glance at my phone.

I have two minutes to get dressed and be downstairs.

Quickly I pull on some cuffed skinny jeans, a Alanis Morisette tee, slip-on Vans, and a denim jacket. I allow myself one more glance in the mirror and smile proudly.

For a finishing touch I spray myself with cedarwood cologne. Then I am gone, down the stairs with my phone in my back pocket.

Hunter grabs his keys then rolls his eyes, despite his smile, "You sure you're ready, beauty queen?"

I squint at his back while we climb in his car, "You are just mad because I am ridiculously attractive."

"You have a bit of drool right there," He points to the corner of his mouth with a smirk.

I quickly wipe my mouth, cheeks blazing as I stare out the window. I officially hate this guy.

We are both silent as he reverses out of the almost perfect driveway. It is a wonder how they keep the house so clean when there are so many people living there.