🕊️SR 24

Conrad Knight

We were now seated in the doctor's office as we waited for him. "What the hell is tak-" "Gentlemen, I have news for you." And so he keeps saying. Would he just get to the point already? I was bouncing in my seat thinking about what he was about to say.

"It has been a year and some months now since Ms. James slipped into that dreadful coma. Yesterday we did some tests on her and." "What?" I barked. Why was he stalling the damn information.

"We found out that one of her lungs was indeed ruptured. She will have to undergo a lung transplant."

"And it took you a whole fucking year to realise that? What if she had died?" I was livid. Chris tugged me down back to my seat. "I wasn't finished." Just great. More bad news. "She has 20% chance of survival."

It felt as if a tonne of bricks had been dumped on me. "I've already talked to Ms. Brown and she's agreed to the surgery. It'll be done tomorrow 9am."

Why would Madison agree to such a thing? I grabbed by keys and made sure to bang the damn door on my way out. I could hear Chris running after me. "Why would your girlfriend agree to this. You know there's a high possibility she can die."

⭐⭐⭐

"Madison!" I shouted the moment I arrived at her house. "What is wrong with you Knight?" I gave her a hard stare. "You're asking me what is wrong? You agreed to a surgery that could kill Hazel. And you call yourself her best friend?"

"Don't start with me Knight. It's because of you that she is in that coma in the first place. So stop acting like some saint. She could die in that goddamned coma because of her punctured lung. It's better we deal with the problem first."

I chuckled bitterly. "I guess I will be paying for that mistake for the rest of my life now. Huh?! Okay then let the surgery be done." I slammed the door shut and left. I just knew where to go.

⭐⭐⭐

I arrived at Stone Cemetery in under 30 minutes and located her grave fast enough. I placed the flowers on her headstone and sat down tracing her name that was engraved on it.

"It has been 7 years since you left. I had vowed to avenge your death." Tears leaked. "I just wished I had listened to your teachings of leaving everything to God. The vengeance backfired on my ass mom." I was now full on sobbing.

"I acted on impulse mom, and now she is in a coma. Has been for more than a year now. I'm sorry I failed you. It was even my fault that her dad died. Now the doctor after a year found out that she has a ruptured lung that can kill her if not replaced. The surgery itself has 80% chance of killing her."

I was practically laying on her grave now. "Gosh, if I had listened to your earlier about settling down then I wouldn't have this dilemma now mom. The woman I love is literally on her deathbed. Just show me a sign that everything will be alright mom. That's all I need the assurance. Let me take her place. I love you mom, wherever you are, I really do."

I stood up and trekked through the Graves and finally arrived to my destination.

'Here lays James Peterson.
Beloved father of
Hazel Ivy James and
Madison Hyacinth Brown.'
(1967-2018)

"Mr. Peterson, wherever you are, I hope you find it in your hurt to forgive your killer. I was blinded by revenge and hurt the wrong person. I'm no different from Luke and Crystal with what I have done.

I am truly sorry and nothing I say can justify me. I threatened your daughter, abused and humiliated her. She's now on the verge of death because of me. Wherever you are, please talk to God for me so that she makes it out alive. I promise I will give her her life back and disappear.

I will not pursue anything with her. I love your daughter very much Mr. Peterson and if the ultimate price of her being alive is for me to leave her alone then so be it. I'm really sorry." I looked up as the skies became dark. The heavens must hate me if they had decided to send heavy rains. I hurried to my car before the gates were closed as it heavily rained. Hopefully tomorrow would be a new dawn.

Vote|☆|
~~~~~~