🕊️SR 2

Hazel James

I woke up at 6 am today very anxious. After calling Allison last night, my best friend and a sister to me I took her advice. I wore a red trouser and blouse and matching white pumps. (Attire below👇)

I applied minimal makeup and scrolled through my phone as I ate my breakfast

I applied minimal makeup and scrolled through my phone as I ate my breakfast. I took my car keys and locked up the house and left. It was a wonder that today there was no traffic jam as the other days.

When I arrived at the company I saw how many ladies had put an effort to dress up. And you? Well atleast I am presentable. Others were dressed in things that concealed almost nothing.

I sat down and booted my laptop and computer to go over today's presentation. Mr. Knight would be arriving at 10 am and now it was almost 8 o'clock. I saw Christopher down the hallway as he made his way to my office. "Hey Hazel, you look beautiful." He winked. I almost blushed but I kept my cool and muttered out a good morning.

"Conrad will be here today but not the time you all were expecting. Change of plans actually." I nodded and he left.

Every single detail was on point and so I took the tablets to the conference room and placed them where they should be. The other employees like the departmental heads made their way in and some PAs.

When I finished distributing the tablets the doors opened and Chris strode in followed by a very handsome and when I say handsome I mean just that, dark haired man with very sharp and well defined facial features and black eyes.

He was dressed impeccably in an Armani suit, a maroon one and polished shoes. His hair was styled to perfection with some locs falling on his forehead. I quickly recovered and consciously tapped my mouth to make sure no drool had escaped.

I looked around and saw almost all the ladies were in a trance except Rose, who scoffed and muttered pathetic. When I looked up I saw his eyes staring right at me. His face was stone hard as he assessed me and I flushed remembering the conversation I overheard on how he loves me.

To be honest I feel elated that he's in love with me. I gave him a small smile so that he would not see that I was desperate for his attention.

"Back to Earth people." Chris announced and cleared his throat. "Let's welcome our boss back." A woman that I remembered from the accounts department squealed and I snorted.

Conrad stepped forward and cleared his throat as the room went quiet. "As some of you know I'm Conrad Knight. Your boss and the CEO of this company. I had left for some years to oversee some work and now I'm back. I expect splendid results from your working in my company and nothing else. I don't have much to say but I don't tolerate betrayal," he said in his deep authoritative voice and glanced at me when he said betrayal, "so when I find out that any of you is mingling with our competitors or giving out company information or what not then there will be dire consequences. I hope I'm clear."

Maybe he looked at me when he said betrayal as a sign to me that I should take care of his heart and not hurt him. My heart swelled that he was giving me subtle hints of his love.

I would never break his heart. My feelings were growing real fast. And here I thought I had a crush on Christopher.

The meeting progressed as Christopher gave the accounts on how the company had been fairing on since his absence. From time to time he would stare at me long and hard especially my hair. I also noticed that Rose Pete was glaring at me for God knows what.

I recently met the woman and she already detested my guts. I would input on the company growth trend and at one point Conrad rolled his eyes when I talked about loyalty and trust but I paid it no mind. Maybe he remembered how his most trusted person betrayed him.

"Okay that's it for today. You are all dismissed. Ms. Matthews, I need the report on the project that you handled last month." Conrad commanded. "Sir, it wasn't me. It was given to Ms. James." He abruptly turned to me with a death glare and nodded. That was the project that would have gotten us zillions if a snitch hadn't told Quip Enterprises. The company was still picking up the pieces from the damage caused.

Vote|☆|
~~~~~~