🕊️SR 49

Conrad Knight

It had been two weeks since the disastrous date. Since Hazel walked away from me. Or to put it correctly, since we walked from each other. I hadn't spoken to not seen her since then.

I had resolved to working alot so as to lessen the hurt I felt. Heartbreak was no joke.

Hazel was right. Where were we going with no trust in our relationship? I didn't believe her when she said she had forgiven me because I felt what I did does not deserve forgiveness.

My father, brother and all my friends had tried to talk me out of overworking myself but I just couldn't.

Hazel was my sanctuary. She gave me peace. I felt at peace with her. But now that she wasn't there, work made me forget things temporarily. It was like alcohol. Just that this made you feel even more exhausted.

My door was slammed open nearly taking the hinges off. I was ready to cuss the fuck out of the person who lacked common etiquette.

My anger grew when I saw who had come to see me. Fredo Lamberto. I thought he would have left New York by now and was resting in Los Angeles. Guess I was wrong.

"What the fuck is wrong with you that you couldn't knock like a normal civilian?!" I roared and he barely flinched.

He made himself comfortable on my couch and crossed his leg.

"Man, I don't know if you are worse or you are both on the same level." He commented on my appearance. My disheveled hair and all.

"This is like a repeat of history of when you guys couldn't accept your feelings towards each other." He complained.

"Look, I don't know what is wrong with you two but all I know is that you should talk it out. None of you is willing to man up and address the elephant in the room and that's why as the adult and mature person I am. Not to forget good person I am, I came to tell you this.

You guys are both in love with each other. It is clear to everyone that you cannot live without each other as you are made for each other. But your biggest problem is assuming things for each other. You cannot read her mind and neither can she. No relationship is perfect. There are ups and downs but that is what makes it stronger.

I'm tired of hearing Hazel week and cry about you. God! Give me a break I need my sleep too. She needs you just as much as you need her. I hope you will do the right thing?"

He stood up ready to leave since I hadn't said anything.

"Aren't you in love with her?" I questioned.

"I may be. But she is not the one for me. Her heart belongs to you and I'm not the kind of man to fight for things that are not rightfully mine. Besides, love is not for me." He left leaving me flabbergasted.

Hazel James

Did I make a mistake chasing Conrad away? My heart yearned for that idiot. Why couldn't he just accept that I wanted him?

I had been moping around for about two weeks now. Neither of us had approached the other. Madison was always reprimanding me over the phone since she couldn't always make it as she had twins to take care of whereas Fredo had been trying to make me see sense.

Looking out of the window it was raining heavily. I slipped on my shoes and went to the balcony watching the rain drops fall.

I had always loved the rain since I was small. Crying softly I prayed that wherever my dad was he would give me the guidance I needed.

My heart was in my throat when I saw a figure standing in the rain. I looked closely an my heart thumped in my chest.

Conrad.

I quickly went outside. Why would he be as stupid to stand in the rain without an umbrella? He was completely drenched.

I took an umbrella with me and descended going outside. Upon reaching him I could see water droplets on his face as the rain fell heavily.

"What on Earth has gotten into you that you would come at this time in this weather? What if something would have happened to you?"

I was rambling. I tend to do that when I'm worried.

He slapped the umbrella out of my hands and I felt myself getting drenched by the rain. One hand held my waist while the other on my face.

"I know I keep apologizing bit I can't live without you. I love you so fucking much. You are the winner and sole owner of my heart. I promise to treasure and cherish you with all my being. I'm sorry?"

Raising myself on my tippy toes I whispered against his lips. That was a habit. "You may not be perfect since everyone has their flaws but you are perfect to me and that's all that matters. I love you and no one can change that."

He slammed his lips on mine and kissed like his life depended on it. Breaking the kiss he got down on one knee.

"Being away from you has made me realise that there has never nor will there be a perfect time. I have spent so many years apart from you and I no longer want it to be that way. I want to wake up in your arms knowing that you are mine. We are not perfect.

Our relationship is not perfect. Hell, perfection does not exist in this world but I know we will overcome everything thrown out way. We have done so so far. You are the one for me and I have never been so sure of anything in my life.

Hazel James, will you make me the happiest man alive by taking my surname? By agreeing to be only companion to grow old with? I would rather spend one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world without you. Will you marry me?"

I have never been so sure of anything in my life. I loved, wanted and needed this man. Conrad Knight was mine and mine alone. And my mouth did not betray my heart when it gave out it's answer.

"Yes, I'll marry you. A thousand times over and over again. I love you Conrad Knight and no, I will not leave you for anyone else." Lifting me up he kissed me passionately in the rain.

"I'm not letting you go either. You're mine and mine alone."

Carrying me into the house I knew this was a new beginning.

The End.

Now, before you kill me,
That is really the ending of Sleek Revenge.
Expect the Epilogue soon and some steamy bonus chapters.
Hope you enjoyed.
Stay safe.
Be blessed.
Not Edited.
Vote and comment.